PDA

View Full Version : Lawn mowing crew

ringahding1
08-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Here is a video of some properties we maintain
and the Ring Lawn Care Mowing Crew

http://ringlawncare.com/about.html

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kMbnw3UasJc&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kMbnw3UasJc&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ringahding1
08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Here is a video of some properties we maintain
and the Ring Lawn Care Mowing Crew

http://ringlawncare.com/about.html

Here's the new mower in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hezeN1GLCuQ

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hezeN1GLCuQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hezeN1GLCuQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

picframer
08-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Looks excellent, great crew and excellent work. One thing I did notice and something to think about, I see this is hosted on You Tube which is fine however at the end it gives you options to view other lawn care company video's, not sure if they are in you area or not but you could possible be driving visitors elsewhere.

Steve
08-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Great videos! It looks like you all are enjoying yourselves!

Looks excellent, great crew and excellent work. One thing I did notice and something to think about, I see this is hosted on You Tube which is fine however at the end it gives you options to view other lawn care company video's, not sure if they are in you area or not but you could possible be driving visitors elsewhere.

Andy,

How big of a deal do you think that is compared to the benefit you would get from having a link to your site from youtube? It seems the more links you have to your site from other large sites like youtube, the higher your website may appear in search engine rankings.

picframer
08-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Great videos! It looks like you all are enjoying yourselves!

Andy,

How big of a deal do you think that is compared to the benefit you would get from having a link to your site from youtube? It seems the more links you have to your site from other large sites like youtube, the higher your website may appear in search engine rankings.

Not sure, but not all our clients are net savvy, so lets say they google lawn care, your site has excellent ratings and they go to it, oh a video so they watch it from your site but notice other video's are available when yours is finished so they watch another but it's not your company, oh I love that garden, the competitors name comes up at the end, they write it down as they think it's your company and off they go.

You don't need links to get google ranking, I have first page ranking and quite often number 1 for every service we offer, granted it took me 3 months of tweaking but I am there.

ringahding1
08-11-2010, 07:33 PM
PICFRAMER.....great points...So watcha sayin' is...nobody should make any videos, in fear of other's gettin' noticed?

Steve
08-12-2010, 04:48 AM
I am not sure, but there may be other video hosting services that don't include these related videos.

Another thing I wonder is, do the related videos pull up local competitors or do they simply pull up other lawn care videos.

It might be that there are sooo many lawn care videos that the potential downside of competitors appearing is minimal.

picframer
08-12-2010, 05:16 AM
PICFRAMER.....great points...So watcha sayin' is...nobody should make any videos, in fear of other's gettin' noticed?

Actually that is not what I am saying at all, if YOUR video is on YOUR website, then your video should be hosted by your ISP and not advertise the competition from YOUR website, people google, they don't give a damn what your company name is, they are looking for services and if they see an image or video they like, they don't care what company got them there, they go with what they like.

Even I have done this searching for something but noticed a link to a product I liked better, the company that brought me to their site is not the one that ended up with the sale.

In short Video's are excellent however I would have them hosted with my own ISP, if it's YouTube only that is probably fine but Youtube will give the viewer options to view similar video's, that being the competition.

Steve
08-13-2010, 03:40 AM
When you think about the purpose of a lawn care business making a video, what reasons can you come up with?

To me, I think it could have a great potential to welcome a new potential customer to the site and introduce the staff. This could help sell the company as the viewer would find themselves able to get to know the staff before they were even hired.

Maybe during the introduction, the viewer could also be shown some of the high quality work the staff has done in the past?

Or are there other things such videos should focus on?

picframer
08-13-2010, 04:43 AM
I believe the majority of people, and I know this has been proven in studies, that people will take pictures over reading, video over pictures so it can be a critical selling tool. Personally I would buy from a company that had an outstanding video over a company that had an outstanding brochure.

ringahding1
08-13-2010, 09:06 AM
PICFRAMER: You make some valid points..I c where you are coming from in regards to my video introducing other LCC's....All we need to do is sit-down for a .5 hour 1 night out of the week and turn on the news, and witness the job situation of the world...I am willing to take the risk of potentially losing a couple jobs' here and there to another LCC by using YouTube(the most recognizable video streamer in the WORLD) to get my name out there...Thus far my website has blown up, these videos are already being recognized by all the search engines(mostly the most well-known in the world.."GOOGLE")..., and since the "Lawn mowing crew" video had been published...2-commercial jobs need estimates...of course their is no way of tracking how many potential clients chose a different LCC...I do know it's August in America, end of season is near, and we have picked up @ least 1 job per week since MAY...must be recognized somehow...plus this is the first year I've been able to offer Landscaping and am astounded we even picked up one job....let alone 25 jobs, considering I had not even started marketing/advertising until late May-early June...To tell you the truth..I would invite customers' to check out other LCC's so they can make a sound decision.....

Steve
08-14-2010, 06:04 AM
since the "Lawn mowing crew" video had been published...2-commercial jobs need estimates...

How do you track this? When new customers call, do you ask them where they heard of you or how they found you?

ringahding1
08-16-2010, 11:18 PM
My website has a good tracker system of people who hit on it...otherwise I do on occasion ask new callers how they found us..