PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think

Leon
08-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Here is a postcard flyer I just made. Do you think I need to add anything to it
what do you think is missing, what would you all change

mark123
08-09-2010, 07:45 AM
The company name is rather unreadable. I'd use the white color as the text directly below. The font on the rest of the card is really ugly and jagged. Use a font with smoother edges (anti-aliased). The main image is really washed out and needs color balanced or color levels set or contrast increased.

I like the idea. Hope it gets you some jobs. :)

The Cleaning Doctor
08-09-2010, 09:16 AM
I agree it needs to be more readable. Also read the wording - get you lawn in shape should be get your lawn in shape.

Steve
08-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Leon,

Great pictures.

Here are a few thoughts. I would put the attention grabbing headline at top.

Maybe use your 'a beautiful lawn doesn't happen by itself.

Put your business name at the bottom above the phone number. It doesn't need to be big.

Maybe say 'before' and 'after' in the smaller photos. And you might want to make them a little smaller to really show off the great lawn photo you have there.

The phone number doesn't have to be too big either.

Does this help?

Leon
08-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback I here is the new one. Which color should I use, and how is the overall design. This is just the frontside the backside will have more services info and a few FAQ

Steve
08-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Oh that is very good! I like the green outlining one.

Nice work!

Frank
08-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Hey,

Hope all's going well with you.

I'm also a graphic designer. I have a few comments on your postcard, take it or leave it...

Your company name is NOT easy to read. You need a different font entirely, in my opinion. The silly thing is the name and the fact that your font choice is hard to read. Also, I don't know what software you're using, but if I were you, or me, I'd get something that is more professional, such as Xara Xtreme on Windows, or Illustrator on Mac. You can do much more with either of these, ending up with professional-looking results. I can tell that you used some cheesy software to make your postcard. That sort of software isn't sophisticated enough to produce very good results. Nothing personal, I'm just trying to help. I like your before and after shots, that's a good idea. I would try to switch the photos though, over time, till you have similar sorts of houses depicted in the large photo, and in the before and afters, because the set on the left looks like something from the low-rent district to me. Try to find high rent pictures to go with your high rent main shot. Perhaps even use shots from all the same house? Just an idea, my friend. Also, I'd use a different font for the descriptions of work that your do. Don't use a serif font, but rather a sans serif font, such as something like Ariel, or the like. They show up better. The one you're using is a bit too skinny to easily see and read.

I hope that helps some.

Frank

Cajun Cleanin'
08-10-2010, 12:36 PM
The revised set is definately better than the first.Go big with the name and number.This thing is going to be in thier hand for just a few seconds.I would also throw a discount on there somewhere like 10% off new service.Just to give them some reason to hold on to it.

If you did those yourself they look good though.

Leon
08-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Once again thanks for the info I will add some kind of discount on it. Frank, thanks for advice I will make some changes to the pics (maybe) About the name and work, are talking about the old postcard or the revised. Yes I designed them myself, I use publisher I will look up Xara Xtreme. Again thanks for all the info I will uoload a new soon. Thanks

Leon
08-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Here is one with a discount, I have also finished the backside.

ringahding1
08-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Before and after...Awesome! Grass color faded...LOGO needs to be more readable...colors on back GREAT ! ! Maybe make your domain address smaller using colors that stand out, to create more room...just trying to figure out how you got all that info on a postcard? Personally it looks crammed up on the back with all the services and "commas"...Love the idea!!!...take all the suggestions and comment from people with a grain of salt ....cuz u will hear things you r not ready for......How much to print each postcard?

picframer
08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Here is one with a discount, I have also finished the backside.

Now I really like that and wouldn't change a thing, you have it!

Leon
08-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I can get 5000 made for $145 and they will be ready in 3days.

The Cleaning Doctor
08-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Have you tried it without the shadow behind the lettering.I think that is throwing me off. Just my personal preference. I have usually liked yellow lettering with a black border for the contrast. Makes the letters pop out. Ask a family member or friend to look at them also and give their honest opinion. If they would buy your service and they are in the demographic you are targeting then print them.