PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Edger

picframer
08-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Had a call from my dealer last fall saying he had a surprise gift for me, I stopped in that week and was given this walk behind edger, we laughed at the time as it's so old and Deere no longer sells them, I honestly didn't have high hopes but when I used it for the first time this spring i was shocked.

After doing some research I think the model is an E35 as there is nothing on it, man does it work excellent and you can even angle the head. This is more of a keep sake than a piece of equipment I would put on a site, sure wish I could find a new one.

I was cleaning out one of my storage sheds this afternoon and thought I should see if it still starts, second pull, played around a bit then thought I would take a couple of pictures.

If you are in need of an edger that gives excellent results and you can find one on Ebay or a buy and sell, grab it.

Steve
08-08-2010, 11:57 PM
That is great! Does Deere still make edgers or did they get out of the market?

picframer
08-09-2010, 02:14 AM
That is great! Does Deere still make edgers or did they get out of the market?

From what the dealer told me many years ago they had these made by a company in the states, then the company went out of business and for whatever reason Deere dropped them, it's a shame. From what I have found on the internet they were raved about in their day.

Steve
08-10-2010, 12:34 AM
It's interesting how these things go. They probably manufactured a great product but at an unsustainable price. It's always fascinating to get an inside look at what went wrong with businesses.

picframer
08-10-2010, 05:50 AM
It's interesting how these things go. They probably manufactured a great product but at an unsustainable price. It's always fascinating to get an inside look at what went wrong with businesses.

This is probably what happened and it's a shame as they are an excellent working product, I have research and can't find a lot of information, I have seen them in the states on craigs list for $100.00 to $250.00 in mint shape but never found one that the seller would ship and there isn't any around where I live, I have even posted a wanted ad in various Buy and Sell's