PDA

View Full Version : First year

Chachi
08-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Being that this is my first year with this business. When do you normally stop cutting lawns. I was thinking around beginning of October I live in Western Pennsylvania. I'd like to keep my season going as long as possible as I am not doing plowing this winter. Just trying to get a decent idea.

JMADEWELL09
08-05-2010, 06:52 PM
well for me I pretty much never stop mowing yards but I live just outside of las vegas nevada. Its usally in the 90s in october The leaves dont fall untill around december our winter is usally mild like 50-60 for high and like 30 for the low so the cool season grass really grows around that time. my slow time is right after christmas untill about the 1st of feburary.By feb I start fertlizing all my yards. We dont ever get snow so no snow plowing here. Exept dec 08 vegas got hit with like 3 inches of snow and since there is no snow plows roads were a mess they had to bring in snow plows from reno to get the streets cleaned up it took me almost 4 hours to get home that day

Steve
08-05-2010, 10:19 PM
I was thinking around beginning of October I live in Western Pennsylvania.

I would think that would be around the right area. Then will you be transitioning into fall cleanups?

am not doing plowing this winter.
If you found a cheap snowblower now, you could be offering those services as well.

Chachi
08-06-2010, 08:21 AM
I would think that would be around the right area. Then will you be transitioning into fall cleanups?

If you found a cheap snowblower now, you could be offering those services as well.

Yes I just picked up a nice used toro lawn vac and ordered a handheld Husky Blower Vac for fall. If I can find a nice cheap snow blower I will buy it, however for now I am not sure what I will do for winter besides just shoveling.

Steve
08-06-2010, 10:43 PM
however for now I am not sure what I will do for winter besides just shoveling.

Talk to your customers, usually there are many things they need done in and around the house over the winter. The more you ask, the more you may drum up more work.