PDA

View Full Version : Aerate with an underground Irrigation

DillonB92
08-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I am interested in offering aeration for my lawn customers. My grandpa is in dire need of some serious help. WHen he first moved up here from Louisiana he had mostly green lawn. Whether it was all weeds or grass, I do not remember. After he moved in he decided he would like to have an irrigation system installed. So he went to our local nursery and got them to come out and install it. They dug holes and got it installed. The year after that he had a bazillion oak trees coming up in his yard from the oak tree in his front yard. That year he also had dirt and weeds like crab grass. Then this year he has managed to kill off some of that crabgrass. Now he has pretty much dirt and every now and then a weed or two. This next year I want to fix him up. We have tried seeding like 10 times and putting down all kinds soil amendments. I was wondering what all I Should do. Maybe a soil test? I am not sure how to really do a soil test? i Think sodding would be a little to expensive. Any suggestions on a soil test? where do you get those at? I was thinking of maybe aerating and then going in on over seeding. but he has an underground irrigation system. How could i aerate if there is an underground irrigation system?

picframer
08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Start with a soil test and have your Dept of Agriculture perform the results, if you have seeded that many times and done it properly there is something wrong.

As for Aeration, Aerify by Natures Lawn Care yields superior results vs Core Aeration

DillonB92
08-05-2010, 11:56 PM
i keep hearing about that stuff. How fast does it work? how much do you have to spray and how often?

picframer
08-06-2010, 05:50 AM
i keep hearing about that stuff. How fast does it work? how much do you have to spray and how often?

Every lawn/soil is different, I have seen some that responded in a few weeks, some, like my own took a year to turn around. You can read about all the products, what they do etc on their website.