PDA

View Full Version : Hi from chicago

rob8804
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm in the NW suburbs of Chicago working the landscaping field. I'm currently working full time in the industry for my employer but have started off doing the work for myself on the weekends to earn some extra income.

So far my own personal business is doing great. Since last season I have worked up to around 25 customers (mostly law mowing) that I serve on the weekends and my free time. I'm looking to keeping this business going full time next season.

I'll have a few questions for all you guys concerning setting up a formal business. But thanks for forum and lets make some money out there.

Rob

Steve
08-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi Rob,

Welcome to our forum!

You are in a very interesting situation. As an employee of a lawn care business and a business owner yourself, do you think anything could have been done by your employer to keep you happy as an employee and not be interested in starting your own business, or no?

rob8804
08-02-2010, 07:30 PM
interesting question. Well, I make a decent wage working the job considering most of the work I do is driving the crew to different locations. So I make a decent paycheck without the hard labor. However, there is no way that I can continue working 7 days a week like I currently am.

I have to make a choice between starting my own business or staying as an employee. It's just the idea of going off on my own is too appealing. I'd be my own boss and all that. Plus, I'm doing really well right now with my own clients. I can barely keep up...