PDA

View Full Version : Music?

workdog
08-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I have a question for you all today.

Do you think its professional to listen to music (via Ipod or WalkMan, etc.) while working on a customers lawn?

Thanks!

Fresh Cut
08-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Well, I don't think it's unprofessional. Especially if it's just routine service.

Get there, don't need to talk to anyone, just get it done and get gone.

NEXT!

workdog
08-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Well, I don't think it's unprofessional. Especially if it's just routine service.

Get there, don't need to talk to anyone, just get it done and get gone.

NEXT!

I feel the same way!
Thanks for your opinion!

picframer
08-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Personally I do not listen to music on job sites but many of the staff do, no issues here.

Chachi
08-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I do not, but I allow my staff to do so. I always end up bull****ting with the customers so I try not to incase they need something.

justin_time
08-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Just tune in my ear muff radio station and go from there. Turn them on while mowing, just turn them off while driving since the same station is in the truck.

That's all

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/stilhearmuffs.jpg

CHEESE2009
08-03-2010, 02:35 PM
i have the same headphones.

personally, music can increase my efficiency.

you look more professional with ear protection.

workdog
08-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks for everyone's opinions!

Were could I pick up a set of headphones like that?

DillonB92
08-04-2010, 12:29 AM
hey i was thinking about something like this. I am rough on my ipods. since 2005 i have had 4 ipods! i Don't think i treat them bad but they sure as heck don't last. The first one i had died when still under warranty but the second one the battery blew up and according to the guy at apple store the "Hard drive cracked" and then 3 still works but the battery last like 30 min and thats about it. Now the new one my mom gave me but i haven't touched until i get some kind of case for that beast. Ipods aren't cheeap. I was wondering though with those ear muffs how loud do you turn it up? my ipod up about as loud as it will go, and i can barley hear it. Where do you get these at and how much do they run

picframer
08-04-2010, 06:37 AM
hey i was thinking about something like this. I am rough on my ipods. since 2005 i have had 4 ipods! i Don't think i treat them bad but they sure as heck don't last. The first one i had died when still under warranty but the second one the battery blew up and according to the guy at apple store the "Hard drive cracked" and then 3 still works but the battery last like 30 min and thats about it. Now the new one my mom gave me but i haven't touched until i get some kind of case for that beast. Ipods aren't cheeap. I was wondering though with those ear muffs how loud do you turn it up? my ipod up about as loud as it will go, and i can barley hear it. Where do you get these at and how much do they run

Lee Valley has a warehouse in New York for American clients, we use them in the woodworking shop.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=58699&cat=1,42207,42227

DillonB92
08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
wow! thats a hole lot less than i would have guessed! THANKS!

workdog
08-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the link, next bit of cash I get Im picking up a pair!

I have one question though, hows the bass and the overall quality of the sound?