PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Spring Texas

tonyslawn10@yahoo.com
08-01-2010, 01:55 AM
:cool:Were Tony's Lawn and Garden Service its our first year at this so im sure we will be asking alot of questions love the site thanks again

Steve
08-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi Tony,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your own lawn care business?

tonyslawn10@yahoo.com
08-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Well I started out cause I lost my job and my roommate was about to kick me out he was joking around and told me to mow lawns here in our hood well it started with one old broke down mower and 2 customers and now 2 monthes latter my buddy had to start helping me out and I had to buy 3 more mowers plus a ridder and 3 weed eaters lol im now up to 12 regular customers but my buisness is slowing down now been flyering like crazy but i havent grown any sugestions on that

Steve
08-03-2010, 08:59 PM
What are you putting on your flyers?

How did you land your first 12 customers?

Also are you asking for referrals?

tonyslawn10@yahoo.com
08-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I got them with flyers and right now were running a 20.00 special due to the fact we live in a houston sub so lots of illegals around here so we gotta work 3 times as hard to stay above water this is the actual flyer but its in color and
out of 100 we got 1 call not sure what were doing wrong as it stands now were the only american owned company in our area so we played on that and got a couple of customers but now its drieing up so to speak
Lawn care Recession help is here!
$20 Full Service Front and Back yard! That’s right, $20
No matter how big or small the yard
Add pressure wash for just $15 more
•add Mulch change out just $40, including price of mulch.
•Add fertilizing and watering service, just $10
We are slashing prices in all services we offer,
so call today to find out more
Tony’s Lawn and Garden Service
(281)907-0618

Steve
08-05-2010, 10:21 PM
$20 Full Service Front and Back yard! That’s right, $20
No matter how big or small the yard

WOW how long does it normally take to service these properties? How long does this price last for? Do you have a plan to raise it after a certain period?

tonyslawn10@yahoo.com
08-06-2010, 04:59 PM
it takes 45 min to one hour allowing our 2 man crew to do more than 10 lawns in a day if we had that many and yes we are going to raise them after a while these yards are in a cookie cutter style hoods so the ave yard could be done with weed eater alone and we have a few customers that pay 40 to 60 a week but like i said alot of illegals here i mean alot so were trying to get word of mouth going cause thats how we got like 4 of our full time customers but the problem is we need more in order for the buisness to start sustaining its self luckly winter only lasts maybe 2 monthes here and with our new customers the 20.00 is a one time deal and we get them to sign a contract but the flyers are not working we usualy devote 2 days a week to flyering alone but cant realy think of other ways we have a site which few in this area have as well as awards cause our first customer got yard of the month twice since we started doing his lawn work but now it seems like were spining in the mud not gaining but not losing either

Steve
08-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Have you looked into offering other services that would have a higher barrier of entry to keep your competitors at bay yet be a service homeowners could use?

Are there any additional services on your wish list you would like to offer but havent yet?

luvgreen
09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Well, I know dealing w/the competition is tough, especially when they'll undercut you to the ridiculous.

But I hope your ability to attract customers is contageous. I'm still trying to get my first one. Been running classifieds and taping business cards to doors, but probably a poor time of the year to start.

May your ability to attract customers rub off on me. And may you find the answers to building your business at a nice profit.

Connie