PDA

View Full Version : Forclosure's

All Terrian landscaping
07-31-2010, 04:47 PM
So my new thing to get my foot in the door is mowing forclosed homes, and cleaning them out, AKA, junking everything that was left over. I was wondering wat ya'll thought of this

Hedgemaster
07-31-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm interested in hearing thoughts on this as well.

In fact, I just came home from a meeting with some guys who are buying/fixing/flipping(or renting) homes in the area, and they need a "lawn guy" who can also help with other aspects of getting the properties ready to sell. We haven't set a price yet, but we'll see how it goes. It could have the potential to keep me busy.

Sorry, back to the OP's question...

I'm new to all of this, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but all the foreclosure properties I've seen being "maintained" here are poorly done - just the minimum needed to keep the grass within code. I don't know if that is related to poor pay for the jobs, or because the hired lawn services are just looking to get in, get out, and on to the next job with no real concern for how the property looks when they are finished.

Like I said. I'm interested in hearing other opinions here too.

swstout
07-31-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm interested in hearing thoughts on this as well.

In fact, I just came home from a meeting with some guys who are buying/fixing/flipping(or renting) homes in the area, and they need a "lawn guy" who can also help with other aspects of getting the properties ready to sell. We haven't set a price yet, but we'll see how it goes. It could have the potential to keep me busy.

Sorry, back to the OP's question...

I'm new to all of this, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but all the foreclosure properties I've seen being "maintained" here are poorly done - just the minimum needed to keep the grass within code. I don't know if that is related to poor pay for the jobs, or because the hired lawn services are just looking to get in, get out, and on to the next job with no real concern for how the property looks when they are finished.

Like I said. I'm interested in hearing other opinions here too.

The banks arenít interested in doing anything to the properties until after the foreclosure is final. Then you can get in if you have connections and are insured. Here they require $1,000,000 minimum.

I do basic carpentry, a whole lot of painting, and rug cleaning. Remember, these properties will not have utilities. I have a generator for power but water is a problem. You need it for clean-up and the steam cleaner. Then you need a place to dump the cleaner. The work is very competitive but offers work when there is bad weather.

Also, donít leave any equipment on the jobs. It will be gone in the morning!

Steve

cleancutlawncare5382
07-31-2010, 07:39 PM
I have recently made contact with the banks in this area. Only one seemed interested enough to take my information. Its been about 3 weeks with no calls yet.
Leads have been pretty slow the 2nd half of the season so I decided to give the banks a try.

Steve
07-31-2010, 08:28 PM
So my new thing to get my foot in the door is mowing forclosed homes, and cleaning them out, AKA, junking everything that was left over.

What got you interested in doing this initially? How have you liked doing this work?

All Terrian landscaping
07-31-2010, 10:23 PM
My dads friend asked me if i was intrested in mowing his forclosed properties that he had, then he asked if i could junk them out to. The mowings dont pay great but junk outs do, especially since you can do whatever you want with the stuff in the house, whether you scrap, throw it out, sell it, or keep it. But as of right now ive only had one mow, so if anyone knows any realtors in wisconsin, have them call me!