PDA

View Full Version : Ford F250 Club Cab

justin_time
07-28-2010, 04:21 PM
It's possible I may buy my 1st work vehicle under my name.

It's currently selling at a Equipment Recycling Depot & Sales

It's going for $11,000

4x4, Short Box, Automatic, 5.4L Gas.

http://i26.tinypic.com/efo1nc.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/2yydrhj.jpg

Steve
07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
What have you found to be the pros and cons of that truck so far?

justin_time
07-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Just seems perfect for a snow plow truck.

picframer
07-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Nice truck, is that a 6 or an 8? Auto or standard? will allow you to grow a lot bud.

justin_time
07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Nice truck, is that a 6 or an 8? Auto or standard? will allow you to grow a lot bud.

Doesn't say.

All it says

Short box, 4x4, automatic, 5.4L and gas for $11,000

MountainViewGreenskeeper
07-29-2010, 10:06 PM
3/4 ton is a great truck not to big but not to small. the 5.4 is a v8 and u said its auto. depend on year price seems a little steap.

I have a 02 Dodge 2500 v10 130k miles that I bought at end of last year for 3950 when the dealer wanted 9K. Ebay is an awsome place to look for stuff. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would buy a truck from ebay but saved a tone of money and its the perfect truck to do whatever I need it to.

Anyways point is there may be a better deal out there then spending 11K if your willing to play the waiting game and show patience for an opportunity like mine. Took 3 months to finally find my gem of a truck.

Steve
07-30-2010, 04:02 PM
How important is it to get a long bed or a short bed especially in this business? Or does it matter at all if you have a trailer?

MountainViewGreenskeeper
07-31-2010, 01:42 PM
I think with anything its all about versatility and options. The long bed give you more room to work with especially if you put a tool box in the back. Ill have to take some pics of my set up. Its the same reason I put 4ft sides on my trailer. flexability and options.

AttractiveLandscape
02-20-2011, 11:05 AM
The Ford is an outstanding truck, it has some features that others don't that in the snow season come in handy. For instance you can physically lock in your hubs still with Ford. The front end is also a bit beafier to accomodate for plows... they computer analyze for the weight distribution when mounting plows and then choose appropriate coil/leaf springs. Also the front axle is solid versus independent, huge up sell for a work truck. In my opinion if you don't use Ford then use Dodge, it is the only one that comes close to the same features... Dodge you have to ask for some of them though were Ford it is standard in the SuperDuty line. They both sit higher too which is great for plowing commercial and some residential drives that have big dips... Chevy tends to bottom out... I like Chevy because it is comfortable and it does have the power... I just don't for hard working trucks in this business. Just my .2:D