PDA

View Full Version : how much is this mower worth?

rjtanner
07-28-2010, 02:01 PM
i am looking at a 2006 John Deere 737 with only 70 hours on it.
it has the 23hp kawasaki engin
54in cut
mint condition

how much is a reasonable price for this mower?

thanks in advanced guys

p.s. im new to the business this will be my 1st mower!

picframer
07-28-2010, 03:22 PM
$4,500 to $7,000 depending on the condition, this one sounds like it would be at the upper end due to the very low hours.

LawnMoore
07-28-2010, 04:05 PM
What are they asking for it?

If its your first mower do you want to get such a high dollar mower?

Like he said the price range of 4.5k - 7k But if you can get this mower in the lower range of 4,500.00 - 5,000.00 it might be worth it, maybe.

Wouldnt it be better to buy a brand new machine with a 50"-60" cut for around

4,500.00 - 6,000.00 and have a 2-3 year warranty??

I know gravely offers "Brand New" large commercial mowers with 48"+ Cuts for around 4,000.00 - 7,000.00 and they include 2 and 3 year warranties.

I personally bought a Gravely, i bought a demo machine with 10 hours on it, (Its still fully factory warrantied) i picked it up for $1000 dollars off the list price of 7,599.00 so i payed 6,599.00 for it.

Maybe consider looking for a "new Demo mower" since you will still retain all the factory warranty and save some money as well!

My machine is listed in my sig, feel freet to look it up, its a 2010 Gravely 260 xdz (pro-turn) It is one of the higher quality commercial riders they offer, however there are Gravely Zero turns that are commercial and are cheaper than mine, mine offers an upgraded engine and hydro drives over the lesser amount gravely commercial zts

rjtanner
07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
it is actually a family friend of mine. it is litterly brand new no paint chips nothing. he purchased a set of mulching blades as well.

I considered a brand new mower w. warranty however it will be several hundred if not thousands more as u pointed out above.
that money can go towards a blower, wacker, and trailer.

I am very good w. fixing things so if something fails i can do most of it myself. yes i would still have to purchase the part however w. 70 hours i think i will take my chances.

all thoughts and opinions are more than welcome so keep them coming.

Thanks guys!!

Rob

LawnMoore
07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
You are purchasing this machine for less than $4,000?

rjtanner
07-28-2010, 10:02 PM
no he has offered it to me for 5700.

thoughts?

are there other mowers of the same exact quality that are generally less money? i know deeres tend to cost a little more but its the you get what u pay for AND there is a deere dealership 5min from my house

LawnMoore
07-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Well, in my opinion, if a hydro drive goes out on your mower or if both hydros go out on this mower we are talking about, you could be looking at thousands of dollars fixing each one(at the high price cost of hydros) i think hydros range from like 800 dollars to 1500 dollars each Hydro drive! there are 2 on a zero turn.

I will try to get some specs on this mower and compare it to some specs on a professional gravely, and try to get a price for the pro gravely, do you have a Gravely dealership close?

LawnMoore
07-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Although im quoting these prices off Ebay, i wouldnt buy off ebay i would find a dealer in your area and atleast look! Ask if they have any demo models for sale!

Here is the top of the line homeowner version, its a 60 inch cut, its a heavy duty!
http://compare.ebay.com/like/150467248633?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

When i was buying my gravely the dealer told me this is just like a comercial, but i got the 3rd highest commercial line they sell, because it was a demo.

Heres a Professional, Compact - pro 44 inch cut brand new,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150467249980

Here is a brand new 2009 demo model - 34 inch compact-pro, (this is my next mower!) because it will fit through a 36 inch gate!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180485608656

I believe all of these brand new mowers i linked you to are all under 5k dollars!

That means you get a warranty as well! i would reccomend maybe a 34" compact but its up to you, like i said ill be getting a 34 compact-pro next buy i make.

Let me know your thoughts.

rjtanner
07-28-2010, 10:41 PM
i have never heard of gravely before. are they new? how are they to deal with if ever have issues?

i definately like where you are going.

and to answer your question i just looked up on www.gravely.com and there is a dealership 5miles from my house perfect!

why have i never heard of these before and how do they compaire to an "ideal" deere.

LawnMoore
07-28-2010, 10:58 PM
i have never heard of gravely before. are they new? how are they to deal with if ever have issues?

i definately like where you are going.

and to answer your question i just looked up on www.gravely.com and there is a dealership 5miles from my house perfect!

why have i never heard of these before and how do they compaire to an "ideal" deere.

my comparison below, get to the dealershipa nd atleast check the gravelys out, then leave there and check the deeres out, then if u have to go back to the gravely. as far as negotiating goes, are you looking to purchase with cash? or finance, because they have some nice zero down 0% interest financing as well ;)

There are a few things i would say the gravely wont have, standard they have mechanical decks, not hydrolic ones, but if you weigh anything over 140 lbs you will be able to handle it, its a foot pedal drop.. uhm, thats actually all it wouldnt have compared to a deer i believe,

They do have however nice suspension seats to cusion your butt ;) and they are weight adjustable, and they can lean back and have lumbar support.. they have a nice feature right were you put your feet at, you can lift up a panel and access ALL your pulleys and belts easily! easy to clean easy to mantain, your dealership is there, you would have a warranty that will deal with it!

They were established in 1916, i saw an old antique gravely comercial 72 inch mower at the Dixie Chopper dealership, it was a 30ish model and it looked like todays lawn tractors but it had a super wide 72 inch deck lol.. the dixie chopper dealer wanted 2500 dollars for it, i thought it was cute tho and definetly told me gravely had been around for a long long time.

rjtanner
07-28-2010, 11:53 PM
the suspension seat is huge forsure.

im def going to check out the gravelys before i even consider making any purchase.

i will be out of town the next few days due to my gf needing surgery.

as soon i get back i will be visiting both dealerships.

I am assuming you run gravelys?

ANYONE ELSE OPINIONS!:""!?!?!?1 my ears/eyes are open to thoughts :)

LawnMoore
07-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Yes i run Gravely

and Stihl Kombi-Kut with all the neccessary attachments, the Kombi system is very nice! Stihl is the highest priced equipment that i know of in its class, but its very very durable gear. Just remember homeowner gear is for homeowners and commercial gear is for us!

I also run many Stihl chainsaws, pm me if you have any questions about Stihl equipment.

Edit: Can any of you give insight to your mowing equipment to help him out?

rjtanner
07-30-2010, 08:14 AM
bump

anyone else opinions please