PDA

View Full Version : Help bidding Commerical Account

Yard Elements
07-27-2010, 03:51 PM
I have a small commerical account that i need to bid. The owner wants the parking lot blown off every month or two. i was going to set a price for once a month and tell him that every two would be more and it's easier to just keep it clean. What should I charge for this it totals, 26,078 Square feet. Which is pretty small for a parking lot. No trash pick-up, only one large tree in the back and a few Very small maples. Is there a way I can get a basic formula for this?

Also he wants his planting beds weeded after the initial weeding whats a decent square foot formula I can use for this. The beds are 1713 and have quite a few plants in them. Any Ideas? Also he doesn't want any chemicals because there a tai chi, yoga, center. (organics only) HE'S WORRIED IF SOMEONE SAW ME SPRAYING CHEMICALS ON THERE WAY TO AN OM CLASS IT MIGHT BE AN ISSUE.

Thanks!

Steve
07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I have a small commerical account that i need to bid. The owner wants the parking lot blown off every month or two. i was going to set a price for once a month and tell him that every two would be more and it's easier to just keep it clean. What should I charge for this it totals, 26,078 Square feet. Which is pretty small for a parking lot. No trash pick-up, only one large tree in the back and a few Very small maples. Is there a way I can get a basic formula for this?

What equipment would you be using to perform this job and how long would it take?

Also he wants his planting beds weeded after the initial weeding whats a decent square foot formula I can use for this. The beds are 1713 and have quite a few plants in them. Any Ideas?

How often would you have to do this and how long do you feel it would take?

LawnMoore
07-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Your best formula on the lot blowing, would be to find a large area you can measure off. Then do a test blow and see how long it takes you to blow off your test area of the same size. times that by your hourly rate and you will have found your estimate. figuere in any additional time or fees you may have with the litter control. bagging, hauling, etc.

Your best formula on the weed control would be to again go out back in your yard, and deweed your bed of similar size, if you do not have one, mark off an imaginary bed. Pick imaginary weeds and times that time by 2 since real ones are harder to weed out. then times that time by your hourly rate, and figuere in any xtra work u may have to do there as well.

Thats the best way i can tell you at this time as i do not know of any other standard rate.