PDA

View Full Version : How early is too early

OldRedFord
07-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Any of you think that 6:30 is too early to be pulling up to a job and cutting grass? Almost all of my jobs are duplexes, rental houses or a commercial property or two.

Dew covered grass is not being taken into consideration here because lately we have been having days with heat indexes of 105 or higher. Id rather deal with wet grass then work myself sick.

CheapNEasy
07-25-2010, 09:51 PM
I would contact your local authorities before arriving this early... My county has a contractors noise ordinance in effect up too 8:00 am. If you a caught doing work before this time, you WILL be fined!

Just something to consider...

swstout
07-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Here you can't start before 9:00am, Monday thru Saturday and 1:30pm on Sunday. $50.00 fine.

I got caught on a weekday once. Paid the fine!

Information. Code enforcement doesn't work on weekends here. I start at sunup.

Steve

JMADEWELL09
07-26-2010, 12:09 AM
I try to start at 6 am I get all the tools checked out and get to yards by 6:30 am i live in the desert 1 hr from vegas and if you dont start early it gets to hot out to work. by 8 am its 105. todays high was 116 and now its 10 p.m here at its 102 outside right now In my town there putting in a city wide sewer system and the road construction crews start at 6 am you can here them out there with the jack hammers and backhoes and dump trucks. about 2 weeks ago the crews were pounding steel beams into the ground(not sure for what reason)and they were doing that at 5 am it it was up the street from my house it i was shaking my house like we were having a earthquake. most lawn care guys in my area start around 5-6 my competor stop and taked to me the other day and he had started at 3 am but they were putting in rock and were not using power tools.

Steve
07-26-2010, 03:12 AM
We just had another post on this where the business owner had the cops called and was fined.

Each town has a different time you can start using lawn mowers and making noise.

Keep us posted on what you find out from your town.

picframer
07-26-2010, 04:51 AM
While we are allowed to start at 7am during the week and 9am on the weekends, we arrive at job sites for an 8 am start Mon to Friday and 10 am on weekends. As others have noted, best to check with local bylaw's.

OldRedFord
07-26-2010, 10:59 PM
I have found as far as residential properties go...I am good to go from 7 am to 10 pm during the week. Seems to be the same for the next county over where I have a few jobs also.

Steve
07-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Has anyone found that if they arrive too early, you can anger neighbors and that can hurt business as well?