PDA

View Full Version : Do Your Marketing Materials Draw Clients

Steve
09-19-2006, 08:38 PM
When you think of your marketing material, do you feel it reflects a part of you the owner?

If so, what is it that makes you stand out?

Can you think of concepts and ideas which are promoted in the marketing of Southwest Airlines? Does their marketing make them stand out and look different from other airlines? How so?

Do Your Marketing Materials Draw Clients to Your Business, or Turn Them Away? (http://www.rocklintoday.com/news/templates/business_news.asp?articleid=3955&zoneid=3)- We market ourselves based on the personality and spirit of ourselves, Herb Kelleher, founder of Southwest Airlines.

Businesses invariably reflect the personalities of their owners. Its the boss who sets the spirit, the style and the philosophy of that business and its that spirit which attracts or repels certain types of customers. Marketing materials also reflect that spirit and send out subconscious signals to the prospective customer either negative or positive.

Sheryl McKeown owner of The Accountables, a bookkeeping service says , I started doing personal work with Ania. My identity changed and it started to be obvious to other people. But my marketing materials didnt match my new identity. My logo was reflecting not who I was, but how I wanted to be seen. My new logo changed who started showing up at my door. I was being more from my heart. My business started growing faster than I was ready for. I was like a magnet.