PDA

View Full Version : Turbocharged Kohler

TaylorsCornerLLC
07-19-2010, 11:33 PM
So heres the story.. I had one of those Scotts John Deere mowers with a 25 hp Kohler on it. It was in a minor accident one day, so we decided that we would sell it to one of my buddies, rather than have it fixed as it was pretty old. My friend was bored and ambitious one day and heres the result.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/mcimo11/IMG_0468.jpg

Steve
07-20-2010, 02:33 AM
That picture looks very interesting!

Can you tell us a little about what is going on there? Walk us through some of the components and all.

What kind of effect did it have on the performance?

TaylorsCornerLLC
07-20-2010, 06:41 PM
This was just something my buddy put together in his spare time. he does actually have a mechanical waste gate which is pretty neat, and it does build a little boost. But due to the blown turbo seals, it burns oil pretty badly. it is pretty obnoxious, but it draws a lot of attention. I really want to see it try and pull some weight to see if the turbo actually makes a difference..

Steve
07-21-2010, 02:01 PM
It be fun if you could include it in your marketing and say something like 'the only lawn care company in the area that is "Turbo Powered."

TaylorsCornerLLC
07-21-2010, 03:31 PM
That would be neat steve. This mower does not have a deck on it anymore however. I mean my truck is turbo powered, but i would rather have a turbo zt or something to advertise that. I have a plan which i will reveal when i put it into action...:cool:

Steve
07-21-2010, 05:24 PM
I have a plan which i will reveal when i put it into action..

I am looking forwards to updates when you are ready :)

OldRedFord
07-27-2010, 11:01 PM
What turbo is that?

TaylorsCornerLLC
07-28-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm pretty sure its off a civic or something like that. just a lil guy, not like my vgt!

LawnMoore
07-28-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty sure its off a civic or something like that. just a lil guy, not like my vgt!

Every time i see a new post in this thread i think ooh ooh its the update to tailors hidden plan!!

Im eager to see as well what you have up your sleeve ;)

Any hints or updates to whats going on with your plan?