PDA

View Full Version : CT Landscaping

TaylorsCornerLLC
07-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Hello,
I have been in the landscaping industry since i was in the sixth grade. Now that I'm out of college, i decided to expand my lawn care business into a legitimate business. I have everything set up as far as insurance, and with the IRS and DRS. I have a 1 ton ford pickup commercially registered and insured. I was wondering, in CT do i need some type of DOT # or something like that because my GVWR is 11,200 lbs? Do i also need some type of business liscense for landscaping? I do a lot of lawn and garden maintenance, as well as other odd and end jobs for homeowners. I don't do big installations, (i wish i had the equipment to), but I'm still not sure if i need some type of liscensing. I have searched online, and been unsucessful to find my answers. Thanks for your help

Steve
07-20-2010, 03:23 AM
Welcome to our forum!

I would think your DMV would know about the DOT # but you also might want to check here

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/about/other/faq/faqs.aspx?#name20

As far as licensing goes, each state and township is different and may require a license. I couldn't find anything on Conn. requiring a landscaping license though.

What kinds of things have you been able to do to market your business? Have you found your marketing has changed since you initially got started?