PDA

View Full Version : This is the way to haul your lawn equipment

majoe7
07-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Today as I was driving home I came upon this van on the road hauling lawn equipment. If you can make it out is was a Plymouth Voyager with a riding lawn mower, trimmer and ramps tucked in the side. I had to take a picture. I tried to catch up to the man and woman driving to ask if this was a business or just going to a family member house to cut their lawn. There was too much trarffic. The mower looked like an older Snapper or Craftsman. I couldn't believe that they got the mower in there and were able to haul it around. As you see they can't shut the door so they tied it down with a rope.

Ingenious or doing what you have to do to survive or find work. I give them props for doing it their way.

John

temeculagrassgators
07-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Wow ahaha. What ever they gotta do to get the job done. As long as it doesn't fall out they seem to be in good shape :p

Steve
07-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Good picture. Who knows what they were doing, you just can't tell sometimes.

picframer
07-19-2010, 05:19 AM
We have a division here called highway traffic enforcement, basically they look for things like this, they might let a home owner off but if you are a business, that vehicles would be parked and the owner would be facing a very stiff fine and would loose points on their drivers license.

Thursday they seemed to be everywhere we went, we even get stopped and checked to ensure for example the tracks and carriage of the excavators are clean of any soil or rock that might fly off. And may the good lord help you if you are cought hauling anything in a trailer that does not have a tarp, things like soils, brush etc.

It can be a PITA but it's all about safety.

Steve
07-20-2010, 02:00 AM
When you think about it, how many of us have had a windshield destroyed by even a small pebble bouncing out of a truck. I bet a lot of us had that happen. I know I did.

The Cleaning Doctor
07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
At least you were kind enough to remove my errr their license plate.....:D

That is much safer than what happened in front of me over the last 2 years.

1. At a stoplight and truck in front of me has a brand new mower in the bed. Light turns green and the truck takes off leaving the mower behind. Mower was in neutral and tailgate was down. Landing was pretty cool. Here's you sign.

2. Driving down the freeway in San Francisco around 7 pm and I noticed a truck coming down the onramp pulling a trailer. 1/2 ton pickup with a dual axle 16 foot trailer. I decided before he was on the interstate that he was going to wreck and I was not disappointed. First of all he was OVERLOADED, he had a forklift on this trailer weighing 9k plus. Trailer probably only had 3500 lb axles. Merged too fast and the tires kind of rolled and started the trailer to swaying, then came the fish tail, then he ended up nose first into the rock wall with the forklift laying on it's side 15-20 down the interstate from the truck. Luckily no one was hurt. Here's your sign and fine!

LawnMoore
07-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Good picture. Who knows what they were doing, you just can't tell sometimes.

yep, they could have been moving, they could have just bought it all at a yard sale, they might have just had it all serviced..

lol tho