PDA

View Full Version : Sunday door-to-door flyers

cleancutlawncare5382
07-18-2010, 09:48 AM
My highest % of new customers has came from door-to-door flyers.

Knocking on the door, handing a flyer to them and a little something about me and my services.

What are some of your thoughts on doing this on a Sunday afternoon?

The Cleaning Doctor
07-18-2010, 10:16 AM
That is all going to depend on where you live. I live in Tennessee and I will NOT bother people on Sundays. I will not even return messages on Sunday so as to not interrupt their life with their family. I will answer the phone if I hear it ring but that is as far as it goes.

cleancutlawncare5382
07-18-2010, 10:41 AM
My concern is perhaps I would offend more customers then gain.

I have a neighborhood with about 500 homes ranging from middle to upper incomes for this area. I only know of one lawn care provider that services the community now. He has most of the business and is well known through out. I started yesterday door-to-door introducing myself and covered only one street.

I think I will forget the Sunday marketing and begin a street by street Monday.

cleancutlawncare5382
07-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Any tips on how to go about gaining customers in this area?

This is my normal ice breaker sales pitch:

" Hi my name is _____________ I have started a small lawn care business this year and I'm passing out flyers getting the word out. I offer things like weekly lawn mowing , gutter cleanings, fertilizing. If I can help you please give me a call." And hand them a flyer.

What do you think??

The Cleaning Doctor
07-18-2010, 01:05 PM

" Hi my name is _____________ I have started a small lawn care business this year and I'm passing out flyers getting the word out. I offer things like weekly lawn mowing , gutter cleanings, fertilizing. If I can help you please give me a call." And hand them a flyer.

What do you think??

Hi my name is _____________ I own (insert name of business here) if it would be alright with you, I would like to give you a flier that explains the services that we can provide for you. My focus is on quality service not quantity. If I can be of any help to you please give me a call. If I do not provide the service you require, I may know a reputable company that I can recommend." And hand them a flier and wish them a nice day.

They have no need to know how small your company is or how new your business is unless they specifically ask.

lowermower
07-18-2010, 04:58 PM

What do you think??

I like The Cleaning Doctors approach. If you have experience, never volunteer the fact that you're just starting any service related business.

Practically anyone can jump into lawn care, and because of this many people are left with a bad taste from new companies. If you have no experience and know nothing about what you're doing you should tell them that you are just starting out so that they don't expect to see a result that you can't deliver.

I don't bother people on the weekends, after work, etc. I like to go door to door when people are not home, I can deliver 150-180 flyers in 2-3 hours depending on how large the properties are.

picframer
07-18-2010, 08:55 PM
That is all going to depend on where you live. I live in Tennessee and I will NOT bother people on Sundays. I will not even return messages on Sunday so as to not interrupt their life with their family. I will answer the phone if I hear it ring but that is as far as it goes.

Agreed, I am in somewhat of a bible belt, we only had Sunday shopping about a year ago. If you were to knock on a door offering a service on a Sunday, I suspect one would get an ear full.

Stick to Saturdays as there are so many people around.

cleancutlawncare5382
07-19-2010, 04:41 AM
Hi my name is _____________ I own (insert name of business here) if it would be alright with you, I would like to give you a flier that explains the services that we can provide for you. My focus is on quality service not quantity. If I can be of any help to you please give me a call. If I do not provide the service you require, I may know a reputable company that I can recommend." And hand them a flier and wish them a nice day.

They have no need to know how small your company is or how new your business is unless they specifically ask.

I never thought about how that must sound. I will leave the " small / new company" out tonight and practice your introduction.

I plan to hit the pavement tonight after work and would like to at lease get 1/2 of this new area covered. Like I said this area has a well known LCP already and in the past I have heard from people "oh so-n-so does my lawn". Any thoughts on how to respond??

The Cleaning Doctor
07-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Tell then they have a good service provider and then tell them if for some unforeseen reason they can not provide the service to call you for help.

Do not ever badmouth them but if you are walking the property with the customer then you can point out lawn damage such as what can be caused by a ZTR or excessive weeds.