PDA

View Full Version : Long Grass

MRK
07-18-2010, 03:44 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am quoting an elderly gentleman to care for his lawn.
Front yard looks fine - Grass in backyard is 3-4 feet long. Any suggestions how to cut the lawn for the first time. With Brushcutter? How long before I can run my push mower through the lawn?
Also, another matter please, I am having trouble doing edging with my wipper snipper/brushcutter/ Unable to hold machine steady to get an even edge. Any suggestions please. I have tried an edging machine - the blade has broken the concrete kerb on the road.
Appreciate any assistance
Thanks MRK

picframer
07-18-2010, 05:13 AM
Walk behind trimmer for the first time, you can probably rent one as they are not cheap, buy some Oregon Nylium Nylsaw Serrated Sharp Teeth .170, just find a Stihl dealer, they will order it for you. You will need to rake this first pass up or it will be a mess so factor that it, you can then mow and continue to mow every week thereafter.

As for the edger, it depends, I have a few staff that do an amazing job using a trimmer or they use the edger attachment on a Stihl Kombi set up we have or we have walk behind edgers, really depends on the site we are looking at when we decide what is best to use.

The broken concrete is a simple easy fix, there is an expanding concrete repair product available at the big box store, it's cheap, fast, easy and the results are as if nothing ever happened.