PDA

View Full Version : What blades are best?

Brint
07-17-2010, 09:33 PM
I am new to the lawn maintenance business. I bought two new Grasshopper zero turns and I am running the factory blades. No mulch kit or mulching blades. I am discharging the grass out the side. I am planning own using a mulching blade when the leaves start dropping. What is the best blade or blade setup to run this time of year so I can produce the fewest grass clippings and the smoothest cut.

picframer
07-18-2010, 05:53 AM
I am new to the lawn maintenance business. I bought two new Grasshopper zero turns and I am running the factory blades. No mulch kit or mulching blades. I am discharging the grass out the side. I am planning own using a mulching blade when the leaves start dropping. What is the best blade or blade setup to run this time of year so I can produce the fewest grass clippings and the smoothest cut.

IMHO Gator high Lift mulching blades, you do not need to add the mulching kit, or if mowing wet grass one can't beat the Megmow set up although it's quite expensive yet the results on wet grass are stunning.

Brint
07-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Anybody using Gator Blades on a Grasshopper. My dealer said that Grasshopper does not recommend them and they are not good for my mowers. He stocks Gator blades but said don't use them on a Grasshopper. I don't see the difference.