PDA

View Full Version : Catchy name for a business.

majoe7
07-17-2010, 09:13 AM
I ran into this guy yesterday whose company name was "One Man Gang Yard Services". He was wearing a shirt (made from Vista I'm sure) with his name on the front and on the back. It had his name, phone # and a list of his services. Good billboard he was wearing, it caught my eye. He said that he tried for a while to come up with a name and thought of this. He is solo. I asked him if he had any helpers during the busy season and he said that he uses his friend once in a while. I joked with him that he had to change his shirt to the Two Man Gang and he said no I just donít wear that shirt on those days. I couldnít stop laughing. Funny as heck. He was refueling his body he said and I looked at what he was buying and it was a Pepsi, Peanut M&M's and a pack of gum. I had Large Gatorade, Turkey Sandwich and a banana. Interesting difference for replenishment. He said it keeps him going.

I thought of the many times fellows come to the forum and ask for names for their business and I think you need to reflect on who you are or the services that you offer. KISS as Justin (Judtinintime) says. Keep It Simple Stupid. Someone could use this name also if you are going at it alone. Maybe One Man Gang Lawn & Property Service, OMG Landscape Company, OMG Services, OMG Lawn Company ect. Just food for thought. OMG is for One Man Gang. Too many times to write.

John

Steve
07-18-2010, 02:38 AM
John this is very interesting.

What is your view on using such a name as "One Man Gang Yard Services"?

So many new business owners seem to go with more generic names. What do you feel is the benefit and the potential downside to using a name like "One Man Gang Yard Services" and why don't we see more creative names?