PDA

View Full Version : Finding cheap equipment

clandscaping44
07-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Where can I find inexpensive lawn equipment such as, blowers, mowers, and trimmers?

JMADEWELL09
07-17-2010, 09:22 AM
I have found cheap equipment on craigslist and ebay. I got a echo weedeater from craigslist for 40 bucks it works great all I had to fix was the check valve on the fuel line. I have gotten a lot of stuff off ebay I just got a echo blower for 26.00 bucks but was missing the blower tube i paid about 15 bucks for new tubes and it runs great.

TaylorsCornerLLC
07-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Finding cheap equipment is tough, because sometimes the price represents the quality. Your best bet is to find someone who "babies" their tools and is willing to get rid of them for a decent price. I have not personally used craigslist or ebay for my equipment, but i know people who have had great luck with it. Just make sure you really research it before buying it!

psparaco
07-19-2010, 11:35 PM
call me nuts but all my equipment is weedeater. the mowers, trimmers, blowers. all from wal-mart. then again i just started last year. down the road i intend to upgrade to more commericial grade equipment but who has that loot starting out.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
07-20-2010, 12:05 AM
call me nuts but all my equipment is weedeater. the mowers, trimmers, blowers. all from wal-mart. then again i just started last year. down the road i intend to upgrade to more commericial grade equipment but who has that loot starting out.

Lol seriously I couldnt imagine going that route.... How are thing going for you then. How often you use the equipment and how is the equipment doing now.

psparaco
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Lol seriously I couldnt imagine going that route.... How are thing going for you then. How often you use the equipment and how is the equipment doing now.

Well we service at most 35 lawns a week. The second line mower we use is a 6 year old weedeater. I've checked the oil, blades, wheels, bearings, etc. daily on it and change out parts as they appear worn. We just bought another mower this year and it purrs like a kitten. Had to replace our trimmer this year cause the shaft snapped and it would have cost more in labor then to replace it. We replaced it with the same trimmer. Have never had a single problem with any of the equipment. You just have to keep it well maintained. Whenever i come across someone throwing out a mower. I scrap it for parts. Well gotta go. got lawns to get to. Later all.