PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Columbus, Ohio

SewellsLandscaping
07-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Hey everyone. I'm a teacher and was just trying to make some extra cash this summer by cutting some lawns when I realized there is huge opportunity with a lawn care business. Also, I love mowing and making yards look nice. So I joined this forum to learn a lot about what it takes to have a successful lawn care business!

Ryan M
07-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Hey everyone. I'm a teacher and was just trying to make some extra cash this summer by cutting some lawns when I realized there is huge opportunity with a lawn care business. Also, I love mowing and making yards look nice. So I joined this forum to learn a lot about what it takes to have a successful lawn care business!

Well welcome and I hope we can help.

Steve
07-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to promote your business?

Have you played up your role as a teacher in your marketing? Or possibly in your business name?

Would a potential customer be more willing to hire someone they knew taught at a local school?

SewellsLandscaping
07-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Steve,

I like your idea of letting people know I am a teacher. I would assume more people would be willing to hire a teacher they don't know than a non-teacher they don't know. I should definitely use that to my advantage.

I have a question for you. I haven't received any new customers lately. I advertise on Craigslist.com but that is it. What would be the best way of attracting new customers without spending too much money?

Thanks,
Will Sewell

Sewellslandscaping.com

Steve
07-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Usually you have two choices. If you have time and no money, you have to spend time.

If you have money and no time, you have to spend money.

The best way always seems to be by meeting people and handing out business cards.

If I were to do a survey in your neighborhood, how many of your neighbors would know you are in business now?

Have you walked around your area and met them and giving them a quote for lawn care?

What about your current customers? Are you asking them for referrals?

brian'slawncare
07-23-2010, 05:30 PM
I would put a flyer in every mailbox in your neighborhood