PDA

View Full Version : Cindy

bushtrimmer10
07-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone I am an aspiring Bush-trimmer. Want to start a business doing BushTrimming here in Michigan. Have 30 years experience trimming and when I was young did it for the Elderly and thought I could now make some serious money at it.
I need to learn how to bid so I get hired. Last job I seriously under bid. I know it is a learning process but if anyone can give advise please do. I also read about a pole that can be used for high bushes so I would not have to use a ladder. I would like to know where to get this and what it is called.
I also need to know how to get licensed and insured. Is there companies that do this for my specific profession.:
Hope some one can give advise

Ryan M
07-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone I am an aspiring Bush-trimmer. Want to start a business doing BushTrimming here in Michigan. Have 30 years experience trimming and when I was young did it for the Elderly and thought I could now make some serious money at it.
I need to learn how to bid so I get hired. Last job I seriously under bid. I know it is a learning process but if anyone can give advise please do. I also read about a pole that can be used for high bushes so I would not have to use a ladder. I would like to know where to get this and what it is called.
I also need to know how to get licensed and insured. Is there companies that do this for my specific profession.:
Hope some one can give advise

Hey how are you doing? I don't think you can just get insurance just for one thing. You would probably have to go with small business insurance, but I'm not sure. The other thing is I looked up the pole hedge trimmer for you. I know that STIHL makes them and it can be pricey so if I was you I would go on the STIHL website and search around. All the equipment I use is from STIHL and I have had no problems what so ever. Here's the link if you want to look.

http://www.stihl.com/isapi/default.asp?contenturl=/katalog/uebersichtproduktgruppen/600/Hedge+trimmers,+long-reach+hedge+trimmers,+pruners.html

bushtrimmer10
07-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks Ryan, this was helpful. I did post and answer about my quote. I am new to this and cannot see where it is though. I am sure it is here somewhere LOL::

Steve
07-13-2010, 01:13 AM

You should be able to register your business name at the local county court house. Check with your township, you may not need a license for simply trimming.

As far as insurance goes, it should be as easy as placing a few calls and finding which gives you the best price for what you want.

Does this help?

Ryan M
07-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Thanks Ryan, this was helpful. I did post and answer about my quote. I am new to this and cannot see where it is though. I am sure it is here somewhere LOL::

no problem at all, I'm here to help