PDA

View Full Version : New John Deere 2305 on it's way

B-2 Lawncare
07-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Hello there people. My business is going great, I am looking forward to this winter. I got my 2305 with a quick attach blower and snow blade and a 54" deck. I went with the 2305 because i can work it year round. I also went with the john deere because i like the customer support that i get from them. will post pictures when it get here. stay cool out there guys.

Steve
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh I can't wait to see them!

Now a lot of members I am sure are sitting here reading this and thinking they want to get one as well.

But I would think you have to be smart when you lay out that much cash for a piece of machinery. What do you feel was the sign that you were ready to go out and do this?

What advice do you have for others when to make the jump and how many jobs should they be lining up before they buy one?

B-2 Lawncare
07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh I can't wait to see them!

Now a lot of members I am sure are sitting here reading this and thinking they want to get one as well.

But I would think you have to be smart when you lay out that much cash for a piece of machinery. What do you feel was the sign that you were ready to go out and do this?

What advice do you have for others when to make the jump and how many jobs should they be lining up before they buy one?

Well Steve I will take the first part of the your question- comment as a compliment. I guess some of the signs were and increase in hours of mowing (more contracts ) so i needed more capacity in all phases of my business.
Steve i live in a small community and i am not sure if any of my competition is on here.So i need hold my cards close to my chest. I have been expanding taking work from them, with my hard work and sales ability.

Steve
07-09-2010, 09:19 PM
If you can say, in general when looking to purchase equipment, whether it be a backhoe, seeder, aerator or anything other than a trimmer, blower, mower, do you feel a business owner should save up a certain percentage to put down on the machine or should they always buy it on monthly payments without a down payment?

picframer
07-10-2010, 05:51 AM
She is a fine machine, I bought a 2305 a little over two years ago then I was hooked and now have 7 tractors of various sizes, you will be amazed the doors a CUT opens in this business and the 2305 os a major workhorse.

I would encourage you to call the dealer and tell them you want turfs, you don't need R4's for over 80% of what we do in lawn care and landscaping and on ice and snow, turf's blow R4s away, we have both for some of the tractors but only three run R4's all the time because they are our woods and landscaping where deep mud is an issue.

Congradulations bud, did you get any attachments?

B-2 Lawncare
07-10-2010, 10:11 AM
She is a fine machine, I bought a 2305 a little over two years ago then I was hooked and now have 7 tractors of various sizes, you will be amazed the doors a CUT opens in this business and the 2305 os a major workhorse.

I would encourage you to call the dealer and tell them you want turfs, you don't need R4's for over 80% of what we do in lawn care and landscaping and on ice and snow, turf's blow R4s away, we have both for some of the tractors but only three run R4's all the time because they are our woods and landscaping where deep mud is an issue.

Congradulations bud, did you get any attachments?

She is coming with turfs and i got the 54" snow blower and the snow plow and the 54" deck with . I plan on buying a loader for it but not this year. I am also going to buy a brush hog for the those jobs that i don't want to use the deck on. Do you think that i will need to add weight for this winter? also on "my tractor form" this last winter i saw a thread were some guys had added a strip of rubber around there cutting edge of there plows. what do you think?

B-2 Lawncare
07-10-2010, 10:24 AM
If you can say, in general when looking to purchase equipment, whether it be a backhoe, seeder, aerator or anything other than a trimmer, blower, mower, do you feel a business owner should save up a certain percentage to put down on the machine or should they always buy it on monthly payments without a down payment?

Yep i would not recommend that you pay cash for ever thing. I know that not every body can do this so i would then recommend that you save up as much as you can to use as a down. People also need to read the fine print. 0% is not always that. What they do is they charge you up to 4% of the loan amount and stick it on the the end of the loan. so it's not 0% int.

B-2 Lawncare
07-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Yep i would not recommend that you pay cash for ever thing. I know that not every body can do this so i would then recommend that you save up as much as you can to use as a down. People also need to read the fine print. 0% is not always that. What they do is they charge you up to 4% of the loan amount and stick it on the the end of the loan. so it's not 0% int.

It should read i would recommend that you pay cash for every thing. I know that every body can't do this. So i would then recommend that you save up as much as you can to use for the down. people also need to read the fine print. 0% is not always that. what happens is they tack on up to 4% of the amount and then stick it on the end of the loan.

picframer
07-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Chains on a 2305, even my 2520 and 2720's are critical once the snow freezes and turns to ice, snow blowers are fine once you have ice or pavement but a nightmare on gravel driveways, loaders, IMHO are critical as are skids, I run the Horst snow plows but they cost almost as much as a loader:)

They are quick attach, I can go from bucket to blow which has Hydro angle in less than 5 min.

http://www.oakridgeyardcare.ca/Equipment.php