PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Florida

IPM
07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone. I was in the lawn and landscape business back in the 90's along with owning a nursery. I got out of it when I got divorced. I am just starting up a new lawn business and we are also going to do property preservation along with the maintenance. One of my partners is a General Contractor so it gives us a whole range of services we can offer. I love the business and look forward to doing it again. Back in the 90's I didn't have the internet. I like that there are forums for everyone to discuss and share.:)

Frances
Innovative Property Maintenance

XtreemGreen
07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the forums..

Steve
07-08-2010, 11:27 PM
I was in the lawn and landscape business back in the 90's along with owning a nursery. I got out of it when I got divorced.

Welcome to our forum! It's nice to have you here!

That sounds like you were really into your business!

How did you get involved with the nursery end of it? What did you think of running a nursery?

IPM
07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
My ex inherited the nursery from a relative. It was a lot of fun and hard work. We went through a bad freeze one winter and then Hurricane Andrew. We shut our doors after Andrew. You have to be a great salesmen because the competition is fierce. Growing the plants is the easy part.

Steve
07-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Very interesting! With your previous experience, what lessons do you feel you are able to apply now to your new business that will get you started faster than your first time?