PDA

View Full Version : Used Z Mower Opinions....

jesswshows
07-06-2010, 10:01 AM
We're looking to buy a used z-mower...wondering what the best and worst ones are....I'm leaning towards some John Deer's with about 200 hours or so for about $2500...thats my budget...your opinions would be appreciated!!

Jess
L & J Services of Citrus County

Steve
07-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Are you looking at consumer models or used commercial equipment?

NewLeafca
07-06-2010, 07:49 PM
I am also wondering about this. I am looking to maybe buy some used commercial equipment but have doubts and questions. Usually commercial equipment are like rental cars and have been used long and hard. Is it really worth it buy used commercial or will you end up with more problems then they are worth? Is it cheaper in the long run to save up and buy new? What I have now works good and will last until the end of this year and maybe next. However, I have had a few clients who were cautious about me because my equipment was not big and commercial. However, once the saw the work they were fine.

Also was wondering about commercial warranty's. Are they any good and how long do they last? I know a lot of companies skimp on the commercial product support because they know that they will be ran hard and long and maybe not by qualified personnel.

jesswshows
07-07-2010, 06:55 AM
..not sure the difference at this point...enlighten me....

Steve
07-07-2010, 12:24 PM
A lot of times we see consumer models lasting for 200 hours while commercial equipment can last over 2,000 - 3,000 + hours.

That time difference can be a big deal.