PDA

View Full Version : New account, very neglected.

rom818
07-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi guys,

Just picked up the biggest commercial account I've ever had and I'm pretty excited about it because it's on a really busy highway.

However, it has been neglected and the turf alone needs a lot of work. I have been using liquid products for lawn care and was under the impression that because they are liquid they can be used any time during the year. Recently I've discovered that feeding a lawn during the hottest months is never a good idea no matter what kind of fertilizer you're using.

My question is: What can I do now, in 85-95 degree weather, to green this lawn up fast and wow this customer?

swstout
07-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi guys,

Just picked up the biggest commercial account I've ever had and I'm pretty excited about it because it's on a really busy highway.

However, it has been neglected and the turf alone needs a lot of work. I have been using liquid products for lawn care and was under the impression that because they are liquid they can be used any time during the year. Recently I've discovered that feeding a lawn during the hottest months is never a good idea no matter what kind of fertilizer you're using.

My question is: What can I do now, in 85-95 degree weather, to green this lawn up fast and wow this customer?

Liquid lawn sulfur (you can find it on the internet easily) is great for greening up lawns. It will lower the pH a little but for the most part that is good. St Augustine grass needs a pH of about 7.5 optimally but the others all have an ideal pH of 6.5 or lower.

I would alos use Nature's Magic and Aerify. All three can be applied at the same time.

Steve

CheapNEasy
07-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Ive also recently heard that Corn Gluten Meal is good for greening up lawns, and also chokes out weed growth.

Give it a google search.

rom818
07-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Liquid lawn sulfur (you can find it on the internet easily) is great for greening up lawns. It will lower the pH a little but for the most part that is good. St Augustine grass needs a pH of about 7.5 optimally but the others all have an ideal pH of 6.5 or lower.

I would alos use Nature's Magic and Aerify. All three can be applied at the same time.

Steve

It's bermuda grass so it should be fine. I'll look for the liquid sulfur.

It's a really big lawn and I don't have a water truck. Should I try to apply when some rain is coming?