PDA

View Full Version : A-Hole

CHEESE2009
07-02-2010, 11:50 PM
So the typical potential customer is usually ignorant, we all know this.

A guy was interested in my service, we spoke - he knew the drill.

"As soon as you pay, I'll get started on the work - I will be available Xdate & will wait for your call"

He never called....

UNTIL.!!!!

Guy: You never showed up to cut my grass & the week is over!

Scott: You didn't call me so I would be able collect your payment.

Guy: So? You still could have done it, it's not like I'm going anywhere!

Scott: Sorry, you have to pay before we do any work.

Guy: Thanks for your service, I'm going to hire someone else!

Scott: Ok, perfect! *hang up*

These people piss me off, I literally want to just *********** ... you know...

There is no time to explain to them, "Listen, when each and every person argues with me to wait for their payment after the work is completed - I'll be out of business, surprisingly & believe it - most people would ignore me when payments are due, you have NO idea, you really don't! I have no choice but to collect payments before any work is done, you might be an honest person - but why should I risk my business? I have dealt with all sorts of people who have burned me in the past by allowing them to pay after the work was completed, & I'm not going to let it happen again! If you don't want to hire our service & be a satisfied customer like all the rest, that's fine with me - it makes my life easier!"

lukus223
07-03-2010, 12:17 AM
We never ask for payment up front. To date, I have never been burned on getting paid. If someone meets with you face to face and you have an agreement I don't think it's too risky. Plus, my helper and I are both pretty big guys. We know where you live, we are familiar with your property. Are you really not going to pay us?:D

Steve
07-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Scott,

Have you considered taking a credit card number down from them if they dont want to pay in advance? Would that help in such situations?