PDA

View Full Version : Totally not lawn cutter talk... oddly enough...

MAKLawnCutter
07-01-2010, 06:28 PM
SO, ive known for a while now but, reality is sinking in and i would like to vent.

My Girlfriend/fiance/wife (all the same person lol) called me mid day about 3 weeks ago "Can you come over tonight when your done? dont even need to shower, we just need to talk"... I figured ... *hell* why not, seems important.

I showed up, got my hugs from her and her daughter (3yrs old). Nothing out of the normal, she wasnt calling me to tell me to go to hell, awesome. We ordered some chinese and sat down, i smelled like fresh cut gr-***, i took a shower and put on my not so stench filled clothes, in the middle of eating... "so, whats up butter cup" ... no hesitation... "im pregnant..." didnt even finish getting the fork to my mouth, jaw falls into my Szchuan Chicken and Lo Mein... SPEECHLESS, its an unusual task but, she succeeded.

Reality has taken almost a month to sink in now. I blame it on the trailer i purchased (the guy i bought it from got out of lawn care due to a new daughter) and he had purchased the trailer when he got the news...

So, i am going to be a father, i hope for a boy but, all of my friends and family are hoping for a girl... i basically already have a girl (her daughter).

Since the news, i have started the forward movement of buying a forclosed home from a friend thats in reality and found me an awesome house on an acre :D.

Im totall stoked but, freaking out... I might have to get an employee and push for 150 a month. We shall see!

Matt

robgee05
07-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Congrat man,

Any luck youll have the tike pushing a mower and helping out in 11 yrs or so. Some people use their kids or family as a reason not to be in business and get a day job. But it should push you to work harder to grow your business to support them.

SO, ive known for a while now but, reality is sinking in and i would like to vent.

My Girlfriend/fiance/wife (all the same person lol) called me mid day about 3 weeks ago "Can you come over tonight when your done? dont even need to shower, we just need to talk"... I figured ... *hell* why not, seems important.

I showed up, got my hugs from her and her daughter (3yrs old). Nothing out of the normal, she wasnt calling me to tell me to go to hell, awesome. We ordered some chinese and sat down, i smelled like fresh cut gr-***, i took a shower and put on my not so stench filled clothes, in the middle of eating... "so, whats up butter cup" ... no hesitation... "im pregnant..." didnt even finish getting the fork to my mouth, jaw falls into my Szchuan Chicken and Lo Mein... SPEECHLESS, its an unusual task but, she succeeded.

Reality has taken almost a month to sink in now. I blame it on the trailer i purchased (the guy i bought it from got out of lawn care due to a new daughter) and he had purchased the trailer when he got the news...

So, i am going to be a father, i hope for a boy but, all of my friends and family are hoping for a girl... i basically already have a girl (her daughter).

Since the news, i have started the forward movement of buying a forclosed home from a friend thats in reality and found me an awesome house on an acre :D.

Im totall stoked but, freaking out... I might have to get an employee and push for 150 a month. We shall see!

Matt

Steve
07-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Congratulations too you! That is great news!

How do you feel all this has effected your views on your business?

MAKLawnCutter
07-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Well,

I hope to all holy spirits it is BUSY this hurricane season so i can pay off all of my equipment so all that is coming in is INCOME, and only thing i have going out is daily life bills. I am totally stoked about becoming a father :) have wanted to be one for as long as i can remember, just havent met the right one i suppose!

Business wise, it makes me push harder to reach 85 clients a month. I can pull 85 residential a month so, yeah, we will see.

Matt

Steve
07-03-2010, 03:06 PM
What kind of services will you be offering during hurricane season? What will you be doing to market it?

MAKLawnCutter
07-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Well, for my hurricane prep;

I use Craigslist as a MAJOR TOOL in advancing my business. I post weekly new ads for new clients, and if my old customers see it, it reminds them i am coming back in a week.

I have been compiling information, local and state to post this first weekend if the season. Will be a full spread of information to local county offices in the local cities and counties i service.

Hurricane Services i Offer!
Full Prep List - Lets the home owner what to have done in the preporartion of an incoming storm (papers, food, water, personal information, valuables).
Hurricane Kits - Full kits from simple 120$ kits that have just flash lights, pnchos and all that stuff, with kits upto Generators that can range upto 5000$ if they REALLY WANT IT, dont count on selling any this season since the last few hurricane seasons have been nothing.

My BIG bragging right is, i am registered with two Counties here in Florida (volusia and Orange) for Hurricane and Emergency evacuation. I am on a 24hour on call basis with local cities and counties. I own a small john boat (20') with a 30hp Evenrude on it for flood victim evacuation, i am also registered with the state of FL for a clean-up contractor, i have 4 friends lined up with pickups, trailers and chain saws for on the spot clean up.

All (3) of my trailers are wired with Flood Lights (Hella and KC 110watt off road lighting), i have a stock pile of emergency light bars for all of my equipment and associates vehicles.

I am ready for every situation upto a Cat3 storm, anything over a Cat3 storm that hits shore, i pack my family up and we leave the state till it clears, then we work our way back. All basic lawn care goes on a 14day hold for emergency and service calls. ALL customers i currently have (44) are #1 for on the call clean up and emergency assistance.

I am ready for a hurricane and licensed and insured to handle any situation.

A GOOD hurricane season can bring in 20K$ + with in a 14 day clean up.

I am ready for it, i hope it leaves all people safe and sound but, i hope it leaves debris over every road available, ill be there to clean it up.

Steve
07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
i am registered with two Counties here in Florida (volusia and Orange) for Hurricane and Emergency evacuation.

For those of us that dont live in an area effected by hurricanes, can you tell us a little about what this means to be registered to do this?

Does this include cutting downed trees off houses?