PDA

View Full Version : New to site

Gailslawncare
06-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Starting out small part time lawn care business slow...First customer was a neighbor without a green thumb! I suggested lights and rocks, she loved it. I cleaned up mulch, weeds and moss, gave her a clean black border, used river rocks and solar lights, also laid down weed block mesh. This was in November, she has seen tiny little weeds to pull - once since then! I also created a flower bed in my yard from scratch. Added a fountain which is also a nice touch. The fountain was knocked over (at some point, possible vandelism) - o.k. fine, added dirt and flowers! Starting out slow works, we have bought a used Craftsman self propelled push mower, a trimmer and a couple sold us a rider at a big discount! My full time job has been very demanding lately so I have grabbed onto the patience, slowed down and said ok this is the way it has to go...have to wait one more season but hey I will have the trailer by then!!! Once the trailer has been purchased I am taking the advice I heard on this show and knocking on doors. I had a woman - Barbara, knock on my door last year, she was the nicest lady, her and her boys did a fantastic job, I kept her all summer, it works.

Steve
06-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Welcome to our forum!

That is all fantastic! What are some of your big future plans for your business?