PDA

View Full Version : Built me a trailer

NewLeafca
06-28-2010, 10:25 AM
So using just the truck was not working for me. I was tired of the cramped space and no room for extras. I had been looking on CL and other places for inexpensive trailers to use with no luck. Most that were in my price range were in bad shape and not very safe. So I built one myself. Yeah it's kind of ghetto looking but it works for me now. I am going to paint it and make it look better. I made it out of an old Model A frame I found in a guys back yard that he gave to me.

Steve
06-28-2010, 02:14 PM
That is fantastic! Nice job on the design! I bet you could figure out a way to put some signs on it to, to further promote your business!

How long did it take you to make? How has it been on the street so far and in it's productiveness?

NewLeafca
06-28-2010, 02:58 PM
That is fantastic! Nice job on the design! I bet you could figure out a way to put some signs on it to, to further promote your business!

How long did it take you to make? How has it been on the street so far and in it's productiveness?

It took me a week between jobs. Could of done it in one day if I didn't have to work also. It tracks good so that's nice. Because of the old time springs it gets bouncy on bad stretches of the highway but I got some parts on order that will help with that. The productiveness is great. Everything is in easy reach and I don't have to take other things out to get what I need. It has cut my times down at jobs which means more money for me.

I have a ramp that goes on the back of it. The reason the board is there right now is because the ramp is getting my logo and other info painted on it. Soon I will paint the sides and wood blue to match the truck so it all looks the same.

I thought the trailer looked pretty ghetto right now. However, I just got back from a new clients house. I was at Home Depot picking up supplies for a job tomorrow. As I pulled in I passed a truck that was pulling out. The truck turned around and followed me. As I parked the guy got out and said "I like a guy that's organized and knows what he wants. That trailer is great and look productive."
I said, "Thanks, are you looking for someone to maintain your lawn."
He said, "Yes that's why I turned around. I figured anyone who was that well organized had to be good at mowing."
So I gave him my card and told him I had time today. Just went out to his place and he is signed up for a monthly now. So I guess your vehicles can help you sell too.

Steve
06-29-2010, 01:53 PM
That is fantastic news! Can you imagine how many more customers you are going to get when you get your signs on it!

You gotta show me what it looks like when it's finished.