PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Landscaping Exam

lowermower
06-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Just wondering if anyone in Louisiana can tell me what the exam consisted of?
I hear it's pretty easy?

Steve
06-26-2010, 12:14 PM
I havent seen it. Have you gotten a study guide for it?

lowermower
06-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Yeah I bought the study guide, its close to 300 pages.
I figured someone would be kind enough to give me some general info as far as if its a written test,how many questions are on it, and what to study.

Steve
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Maybe there are a few on here who took it, I just can't remember off the top of my head anyone on here talking about it.

lowermower
06-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Okay well thanks Steve.
I'm going to give it a shot in a couple weeks, I think I'll be ready by then.
I'll post after I take it.

Steve
06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I wish you the best of luck with it. Please let us know how the studying and the test goes. I am sure there will be a lot of interesting information in that study guide.

lowermower
07-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I wish you the best of luck with it. Please let us know how the studying and the test goes. I am sure there will be a lot of interesting information in that study guide.

Took the exam today. Will know the results in a week.
It was pretty basic, anyone new to landscaping needs to know fertilizing formulas, mulching formulas, be able to identify micronutrient deficiencies, know perennials and annuals, know the basics of staking a tree, know which warm season grasses grow better in shade...um....thats all I can remember that may give anyone problems.

Steve
07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Congratulations on taking it! How long do you felt you spent in preparation for the test?

lowermower
07-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I bought the study guide, but there were things on the test that wasn't in the 300 page $60.00 guide! I have some experience in landscaping, but that was many years ago, so it felt new again. I studied for 3 weeks, but I should have just paid the $50 to see what was on it then retake it if I didn't pass. I'm going to do that with the irrigation exam next!

Steve
07-29-2010, 04:19 PM
You are totally on a roll now! How will you be using your new certifications to attract more business?