PDA

View Full Version : Happy 1st day of Summer

swstout
06-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Happy 1<SUP>st</SUP>. Day of Summer. It is the longest day (sunlight wise) of the year. Here, at noon, it is the coolest day in about 2 weeks (only 89) with a relative humidity of 49%! Almost feels cool!

Iím taking the afternoon and tomorrow off because of time scheduled for tomorrows election. Workerís party tonight and 7a to 7p tomorrow at the polling place. This is for run offs. In my district for the election 2 weeks ago there was a 71% voter turnout. The highest turnout in over 40 years for any election!

If you have elections tomorrow, vote! If you donít vote, you canít complain.

Steve

Steve
06-22-2010, 11:58 AM
I am glad you brought this up. All too often I think we all tend to forget when it becomes summer.

Happy first day of summer to you and everyone!

Keep us posted on how the elections go.

swstout
06-22-2010, 09:15 PM
In my voting district there are 956 registered voters. 512 of them voted. This was a runoff vote after the primary 2 weeks ago. Thatís 53%. Of the 4 runoffs 3 have been won by the ďTea Party Endorsed CandidatesĒ All by ofer 60% of the vote. The 4<SUP>th</SUP>. Hasnít been declared yet.

The primary election 2 weeks ago had the highest turnout for any election in over 40 years. I think November is going to be very interesting!

Steve

Steve
06-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh yea me too! It is exciting to see what happens when citizens get excited about voting and the voting process!