PDA

View Full Version : Service Magic update

JP Landscaping
06-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Hey, so it's been a few weeks since I started using service magic for leads. So far so good. I had 6 leads in 2 weeks. Nothing last week. I landed all but1 of them. That one hasn't said yes or no. It's a reseed job so i'm gonna follow up in the next few days.

One was landscaping wich I ended up netting 200 in 3 hours of work. 3 lawn care accounts, 1 of which is about every 3 weeks. and some aerating.

all in all I think it was a good investment.

Steve
06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
That is fantastic! Have you found most of these to be one time jobs or any re-occurring jobs?

Have these customers been interested in any additional upsells while you are there?

Fresh Cut
06-21-2010, 02:07 PM
what was your initial investment? How much did/does it cost you?

JP Landscaping
06-22-2010, 10:48 AM
I got 3 lawn care jobs out of it. Two weekly one every 3 weeks. Also, I got one aerating but the guy mows his own lawn. one landscaping- mulch, seeding, bush trimming...

Yesterday I got two calls. One for a one time mow and one for a grading job.

my initial investment was $49 for a lifetime membership and then i get charged for each lead. I think it was like $5 for the aerating lead, and $12 for the mowing leads and if it is landscaping related I believe its up to $32 because you tend to make more on those.

over all It's been worth it.

Steve
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I am glad it is working out!

With this going on, have you found yourself doing any other marketing or has this been good enough for now?

JP Landscaping
06-23-2010, 10:47 AM
I also advertise on craigslist and have fliers. Though, I haven't distributed fliers because craigslist and service magic have kept me busy enough. We've been getting so much rain that I wouldn't be able to keep up with more jobs. so for now this is good.

Steve
06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Is there any way of knowing, when you sign up with service magic, how many competitors are on there in your local area?

I would think that the more competitors using the service, in one area, the less effective it would be.

What's your view on that?

jeffcs
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Is there any way of knowing, when you sign up with service magic, how many competitors are on there in your local area?

I would think that the more competitors using the service, in one area, the less effective it would be.

What's your view on that?

thru service magic, only a total of 3 contractors are suppose to rec the lead

CheapNEasy
07-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I signed up with service magic and picked up 2 accounts so far, been about 5 days being listed.

Overall good experience so far.

cleancutlawncare5382
07-08-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure how helpful service magic can be in smaller towns. I live in one of these areas in PA.

After reading this post I have decided to give them a try and see what happens. I will update as things develop.

Steve
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure how helpful service magic can be in smaller towns. I live in one of these areas in PA.

After reading this post I have decided to give them a try and see what happens. I will update as things develop.

I look forwards to hearing your review on it. I am sure the size of the town can greatly effect things as well as the amount of competition on there.

cleancutlawncare5382
07-09-2010, 09:52 AM
I decided to do little research before pulling the trigger on SM services. The internet is polluted with complains about them, bogus leads and charging for them anyway. ( The old saying ď if its seems to good to be true it probably is ď.

I have registered with them and was instructed they would contact me for more information. I havenít given a credit card # yet and wonít be completing the sign up.

Too risky, Plan is to continue with what I know works - if you need leads, go get them myself.

cleancutlawncare5382
08-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey, so it's been a few weeks since I started using service magic for leads. So far so good. I had 6 leads in 2 weeks. Nothing last week. I landed all but1 of them. That one hasn't said yes or no. It's a reseed job so i'm gonna follow up in the next few days.

One was landscaping wich I ended up netting 200 in 3 hours of work. 3 lawn care accounts, 1 of which is about every 3 weeks. and some aerating.

all in all I think it was a good investment.

So how have the leads been thru SM ? Are you still happy with them?

Just wondering, I started about 6 weeks ago signing up with them and got cold feet.

Lawn Envy
08-31-2010, 11:14 PM
I've been using service magic for 4-5 months now. I would rate it a 8/10. There are several variables to how may leads you get. The quality of leads are good. I've had a few that were kicking tires, but over all I have about a 65-70% closing on the appointments that I set. It's well worth the investment!!

Ray

Lawn Envy
08-31-2010, 11:18 PM
I decided to do little research before pulling the trigger on SM services. The internet is polluted with complains about them, bogus leads and charging for them anyway. ( The old saying ď if its seems to good to be true it probably is ď.

I have registered with them and was instructed they would contact me for more information. I havenít given a credit card # yet and wonít be completing the sign up.

Too risky, Plan is to continue with what I know works - if you need leads, go get them myself.

I had cold feet at first because of the on line bashing that I saw. I just went in head 1st and to date have not been dissatisfied yet. There are some leads that are bogus, but they will credit you for a future lead. Let me know If you want my contact person there. Dane was awesome to work with and was able to answer any and all questions.

Ray

cleancutlawncare5382
09-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Thanks Ray, thatís good information.
Can I ask if you live in or near a big city? I was wondering if that would have any impact on quantity / quality of leads.

TouchtonsCLC
09-01-2010, 10:27 AM
There are some leads that are bogus, but they will credit you for a future lead. Ray

Can you tell me what you mean by bogus? Also, how does SM determine the calls are bogus (thus crediting your account)?

I've mulled over using them for months, but just not sure.

cleancutlawncare5382
09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Can you tell me what you mean by bogus? Also, how does SM determine the calls are bogus (thus crediting your account)?

I really shouldnít be slamming another businesses, I donít personally have any first hand experience with them. My cold feet came after a google search for sericemagic complaint. Like anything else you find good and bad feedback.

The Cleaning Doctor
09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
A credit is fine and dandy but they are taking MY CASH! In essence they are forcing you to provide them with a loan. Not me

Lawn Envy
09-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks Ray, thatís good information.
Can I ask if you live in or near a big city? I was wondering if that would have any impact on quantity / quality of leads.

Hey Buddy, Yes I do live in a large area. I'm in the Sacramento area, but only do business mainly in 1 county. I like to stay as close to home as I can. Regarding Service Magic. You can actually call them and they will let you know how may request they have in a specific area. If you give them 3-4 zip codes they will let you know. I spend about $200/MO and get 8 or so new accounts a month. I could get more if I spent more $. Hope this info helps a bit.

Ray

Lawn Envy
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM

I've mulled over using them for months, but just not sure.

Bogus meaning that some random person put in a request and did not give the proper info. Lots of time they think they get pricing if they just give basic info. In the last 5 months I have had a total of 5. SM credited me back for all 5.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Lawn Envy
09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
A credit is fine and dandy but they are taking MY CASH! In essence they are forcing you to provide them with a loan. Not me

You only pay for the leads that you get. So "loaning" them money isn't correct in my opinion. You pay per lead and they supply you with that lead. Like I mention I have had a few "bogus" leads but they credit you for future leads. Nothing is full proof. I have nothing bad to say about sm. I have starting using the exclusively for my leads. I'm on CL and those customers are a waist of time. With sm you know they are actively looking for a service professional.

Ray

The Cleaning Doctor
09-01-2010, 11:52 PM
You only pay for the leads that you get. So "loaning" them money isn't correct in my opinion. You pay per lead and they supply you with that lead. Like I mention I have had a few "bogus" leads but they credit you for future leads. Nothing is full proof. I have nothing bad to say about sm. I have starting using the exclusively for my leads. I'm on CL and those customers are a waist of time. With sm you know they are actively looking for a service professional.

Ray

Nothing is fool proof but with the line in red, your statement, you are loaning them money. They don't give your money back only a credit for future leads. Bogus in my opinion. Now multiply that by all the contractors that are signed up and that is a tidy sum. How often do these bogus leads come in? Once a month?

TouchtonsCLC
09-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm on CL and those customers are a waist of time. Ray

We've had very good luck with Craigslist. I know that not everyone likes CL, but I did want to put my two cents in here.

Thanks for the info on SM. More for us to consider.