PDA

View Full Version : New business

JackNerd
06-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone. I am very new to the lawn service, only 15 years old. In the past 2 months, I have obtained 6 lawn accounts. I do them all on my own, but it is paying really well, about $13 to $15 a house. My goal for this summer is to reach 10 to 13 accounts. As for advertising goes, I have been looking into business cards but not sure I should get any because I dont have my lisence yet. I know the easiest way to get a few more jobs is to go door to door, but is their any tips i should know before approaching a possible client? As I said before, I dont have my own wheels yet so I want to make sure i get the jobs close by. My question for Gopher Haul would be, how to reach my goal of 10 to 13 accounts without a vehicle?

Steve
06-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Welcome to our forum!

You sound like you are doing great so far! How did you attract the customers you currently have?

There may be a learning lesson in that process.

Also, why not get business cards. At 15, people understand what you are. They are not looking for a lifelong expert, instead they are hiring a teenager who is out there making something of himself and not being lazy. So play up your strengths, that's what marketing is all about. Accent your positives and eliminate your negatives.

temeculagrassgators
06-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Here is your solution just ride to all your accounts:D. Don't do that but what i did when i started up was just post some flyers around the hood and pass business cards out. Don't worry about your license until you get up to 15 accounts. Request all payments in cash for now until you can go big. But keep up the good work.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
06-16-2010, 07:12 PM
lol iether I get out to much or not enough where do you guys get these pictures. Not just this one(temeculagrassgators), but ive seen some other crazy stuff posted on this site over the last few months.