PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping with a CUT

picframer
06-15-2010, 05:05 PM
It is so windy here today I couldn't work on my Ocean wall as the swell was a good five feet so I went to a site that needed help as they are behind.

Some may wonder how a box blade works with lawn soil and also a landscape rake.

Here is what I do, a box blade handles one FEL bucket very well so starting at the farthest point dump one bucket across the entire with then box blade it out, keep doing this until you are at your final point. Then I do a final pass with the box blade.

Next put the landscape rake on and go over the entire area, seed, spray and then we roll with the 749, just easier as it will go anywhere we ask.

This area took 36 yards and took me about four hours start to finish, wish I would have thought to take a pic at the start and I was sure I did but it's not on my phone.

Steve
06-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Very interesting!

So you fill your bucket with dirt and then go to the farthest point and slowly start to empty it as you back up until it's emptied? Then you run your box blade over that freshly dumped dirt?

Then later you run the rake over the area to remove the rocks and provide some openings for the new grass seed?

picframer
06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Very interesting!

So you fill your bucket with dirt and then go to the farthest point and slowly start to empty it as you back up until it's emptied? Then you run your box blade over that freshly dumped dirt?

Then later you run the rake over the area to remove the rocks and provide some openings for the new grass seed?

The box blade makes it perfectly level, you rake it as you want some seed below the surface to ensure germanation, we generally put 25 percent more seed on than required so that we are not called back because the lawn is not growing as fast as the client wants.

When you roll it pushes wverything into the soil, there are no rocks for the landscape rake, they are removed before we even start.

pvplus
06-17-2010, 01:18 AM
andy you are a good guy. it shows from your work load,ethics and zeal.
when i get the money me and the fam wiil trip out your way and i plan to see you go at it first hand on site. keep the good spirit, recieve vurtuos rewards.

picframer
06-17-2010, 05:00 AM
andy you are a good guy. it shows from your work load,ethics and zeal.
when i get the money me and the fam wiil trip out your way and i plan to see you go at it first hand on site. keep the good spirit, recieve vurtuos rewards.

You and anyone else are more than welcome to come and visit anytime, I live on a lake and our community has a beautiful beach or if the family prefers a salt water beach, the Atlantic Ocean is less than 3 min from my house and there are beaches everywhere.

Jump in a truck with me for a day or two or for as long as you wants ant any machine you want to see in action and get some seat time is available as we run 7 days a week, not full staff but we do odd jobs on Sunday and finish up jobs on Saturday that are behind.

Steve
06-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Do you ever spread hay on the ground after spreading the seed and rolling it? Or does the rolling eliminate the need for hay?

picframer
06-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Do you ever spread hay on the ground after spreading the seed and rolling it? Or does the rolling eliminate the need for hay?

Yes if there is a grade more than 15 degrees you have to, a good thunder storm will wash it away, same with sod except we use sod staples, PITA and a slow process.