PDA

View Full Version : Cant seem to bring in customers, any help?

Jamboine81
06-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Hi,
I have recently started a new lawn care business in my town, a suburb of Akron, OH. I have only been able to generate 2 lawns with my current advertising. I currently use craigslist, flyers at local supermarkets, family and friends, and business cards at most pizza and local shops on the counters. What else can i do to generate some more accounts? I have even instituted a referral plan to my existing customers but with no luck. Please help!!!!!!

Jamie

cleancutlawncare5382
06-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Drive around the neighborhoods you would like to move into and look for lawns needing attention. Make contact with the property owner and offer your services, remember be the kind of guy other people will trust on their property. I picked up 3 accounts this way back in the spring.

The Cleaning Doctor
06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Craigslist - All I have ever gotten were tire kickers

Fliers at Supermarkets - The people willing to pay for your services do not look at the supermarket bulletin board for you.

Family and Friends - Good but they need a Kick in the A%$ at times or some $$$ in their pocket.

Most don't pick up the cards from the counters.. I don't

Post a photo of your business cards and fliers, maybe there can be something done there to help out.

NewLeafca
06-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Since you only have 2 clients right now make sure when you do their lawns that you take extra care and make them look real good. I had only 4 clients to start with and 2 were in the same cul-de-sac. I worked extra hard on their lawns and the others in the area watched me from their homes. By the end of the month the other houses in the cul-de-sac had all came up to me while I was working and asked for my card. I know do the entire cul-de-sac (6 houses in all) on Thursdays. People are always watching you so do great work and they will contact you.

underESTIMATED
06-15-2010, 11:38 AM
hi,
I Have Recently Started A New Lawn Care Business In My Town, A Suburb Of Akron, Oh. I Have Only Been Able To Generate 2 Lawns With My Current Advertising. I Currently Use Craigslist, Flyers At Local Supermarkets, Family And Friends, And Business Cards At Most Pizza And Local Shops On The Counters. What Else Can I Do To Generate Some More Accounts? I Have Even Instituted A Referral Plan To My Existing Customers But With No Luck. Please Help!!!!!!

Jamie

Are You The One That Keep's Typing In All Capital Letters Every Single Day Atleast 2x A Day And Look Hard Up For Work?

Steve
06-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to our forum.

I have only been able to generate 2 lawns with my current advertising.

Which of your marketing methods brought in those two customers?

Also, do you have any signs on your truck or trailer yet? Are you wearing a company shirt? Are you looking as professional as you can?

Have you talked to your neighbors? What have they said? What about the neighbors of your current customers?

Jamboine81
06-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate it.
We are in the process of ordering shirts for me to wear while out cutting my two accounts. I have been reminding the customers of my referral systems and also reminding them of my snow removal availability in the winter. I make great contact with the direct resident and they say they will pass on my business card to their family but still no replies yet. Patience is a virtue.
I gained one account from CL and another from a friend of a friend. Family still has not been able to aquire any. I was thinking of placing flyers in local busines and residential doors with estimated estimate prices on them. Is this a good idea or is this considered solicitation?
Jamie

Steve
06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
I was thinking of placing flyers in local busines and residential doors with estimated estimate prices on them. Is this a good idea or is this considered solicitation?

The more people you can talk to, the better your chances are of making sales.

Are you working your immediate neighborhood? Do your neighbors know you are now in business?

Jamboine81
06-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks Steve,
I will absolutely keep that in mind.
Jamie