PDA

View Full Version : Insurance, Jobs, and other questions...

john5577055
06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I'm John, I read these forums, but never really post anything. I have a small, one man, part-time landscaping, fencing/wood work, and lawn care business. I work mainly residential jobs in Houston, Tx. I was wondering if I really need to have a general liability policy? if so how much do you think? What are some way of getting more clean up jobs, where do I advertise? Thanks for all of your help. John M.

JP Landscaping
06-13-2010, 11:39 AM
It's always a good idea to have some sort of liability insurance. You can get a little as 500,000 liability. Mine is based on my annual income so yours will vary but you can ask your local insurance agent for a quote.

Advertising:

Craigslist, newspaper, handing out business cards to everyone, fliers, phone book, service magic, word of mouth, local home magazines, etc.
- if you do all this, your work is quality work, and your prices are fair then you should be able to get enough work.

justin_time
06-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi,

I'm John, I read these forums, but never really post anything. I have a small, one man, part-time landscaping, fencing/wood work, and lawn care business. I work mainly residential jobs in Houston, Tx. I was wondering if I really need to have a general liability policy? if so how much do you think? What are some way of getting more clean up jobs, where do I advertise? Thanks for all of your help. John M.

Most of my school contracts and other ones require me to have minimum of 2 mil of liability insurance.

So i'd suggest you go with 1 mil or 2 mil depending on your jobs

MountainViewGreenskeeper
06-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Most commercial jobs will want min 1 mil in liability

Steve
06-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi John,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to market your business?