PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, cool site

weezerguy
06-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi guys,
I have been in the lawn care business for about 11 years now on and off and have finally gotten the oppurnity to go full time. You can see my website and look for yourself. Please give me some feedback on what you think about it. I have actually got one of the templates from here. I like it alot.
Thanks! http://www.monklawns.com

robert brooks
06-12-2010, 01:53 PM
i checked out your site , pretty cool. need to get some pictures of your work on there. i just started a lawn care business myself , one of the next things i want to do is start a website. do you mind if i ask who hosts your site and how much does it cost ? anyway , good luck with your business !

weezerguy
06-12-2010, 02:55 PM
i checked out your site , pretty cool. need to get some pictures of your work on there. i just started a lawn care business myself , one of the next things i want to do is start a website. do you mind if i ask who hosts your site and how much does it cost ? anyway , good luck with your business !

I went with godaddy.com and for a domain name [.com name] and for ad free hosting ran me like 60 bucks for the year. Not a bad deal, work pretty good. good luck!

Steve
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Welcome to our forum!

A lot of members on here try to make the jump from part time to full time and have trouble figuring out when to do it.

Can you share with us some of your advice on the topic? When should one make that jump?

weezerguy
06-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Welcome to our forum!

A lot of members on here try to make the jump from part time to full time and have trouble figuring out when to do it.

Can you share with us some of your advice on the topic? When should one make that jump?

The key to going from part time to full time from my experience is to keep your current job and put back a nice cushion for about 6 months including personal and business expenses. You will work a hell of a lot of hours if you are working full time, but the key is not to give up. I have made some calls to some landscapers that live about 30 minutes from me telling them that I would like more experience in the landscape construction and irrigation fields. I was upfront and said that I have a lawn business and was looking for experience and that I would work for no pay. Kinda like an internship . Although this question took them off guard, I figured what the hell, both sides are winning. The have a extra set of hands and I am getting the experience.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM
so are you currently doing the "internship" and how did it go. Never thought of trying that.

Was full time from the get go. Just wish I could make full time money. Been saving every penny and not paying myself. Its getting close to the day I will cut myself a check though.

Any ways getting off topic... how did it go...?

weezerguy
06-15-2010, 10:03 PM
oh it hasn't went any where yet, contacted a couple of guys and one sounded very interested but the stuff I wanna do like landscape construction and irrigation; they haven't had any demand yet for it. So I am still waiting to hear back.

Steve
06-16-2010, 09:58 AM
The key to going from part time to full time from my experience is to keep your current job and put back a nice cushion for about 6 months including personal and business expenses. You will work a hell of a lot of hours if you are working full time, but the key is not to give up.

How many customers did you try to service while you were still working fulltime? Did you find that you maxed out your time before you made the jump to fulltime business?

How important is the amount of customers you have vs the amount of savings you have before you make the jump?