PDA

View Full Version : How do the pros do it?

ttw0513
06-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi I'm looking to start a landscaping company pretty soon and I just wanted to know what chemical applications landscapers used and basically how they keep the lawns so lush and green.

swstout
06-12-2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.natureslawn.com

Take some time on the site and educate yourself. The products really work great. In many cases, you can see the improvement overnight.

Steve

MAKLawnCutter
06-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Chemicals - EVIL!

ANY profession you do for a living, and make money at, is a "profession" you can deliver pizzas and be a PROFESSIONAL.

Okay, a good way to keep a lawn so lush, is manual labor. You can DETHATCH a lawn once a year, usually spring, dethaching is the use of a rake looking thing, it pulls the old dead grass from the soil top to naturally aerate the lawn, allowing it to breath more. I do this on most of my lawns that pay for the service. I do all and ONLY organic spraying or hand pulling of weeds and over growth. Prevents grow back dramatically. Organic and hand pulling are both NATURAL, kid and pet safe.

:)

Welcome to the forum.

Matt

ttw0513
06-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks,
I'm totally against using chemicals too I was just generalizing the term. By chemicals I meant like fertilizers etc. But hopefully soon I'll have a quality organic landscaping company that makes lawns green by green methods.

swstout
06-13-2010, 04:06 PM
There are ogranic fertilizers also. What you want to keep away from is chemical or synthetic fertilizers.

Also, when you use pellitized fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides, etx you are getting mostly filler. a 16-4-8 fertilizer is 72% filer and many companies use toxic waste for the filler. It's not regulated and an easy way to get rid of them. Some even pay fertilizer companies to take them off their hands.

Steve

Steve
06-14-2010, 06:31 AM
72% filer and many companies use toxic waste for the filler. It's not regulated and an easy way to get rid of them. Some even pay fertilizer companies to take them off their hands.

WOW ! I never knew that! Very interesting information.

swstout
06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Check this report

http://www.pirg.org/toxics/reports/wastelands/

Steve

picframer
06-14-2010, 06:52 PM
There are ogranic fertilizers also. What you want to keep away from is chemical or synthetic fertilizers.

Also, when you use pellitized fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides, etx you are getting mostly filler. a 16-4-8 fertilizer is 72% filer and many companies use toxic waste for the filler. It's not regulated and an easy way to get rid of them. Some even pay fertilizer companies to take them off their hands.

Steve

And be careful on the Organics, there are companies that are advertising Organic products but they are synthetic and in some cases just as bad as chemicals, few law suites under way up here with national companies.

ttw0513
06-15-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.natureslawn.com

Take some time on the site and educate yourself. The products really work great. In many cases, you can see the improvement overnight.

Steve

Hey just wondering if you use these products on a lot of lawns and if you have any before/after pictures or things like that. thanks.