PDA

View Full Version : Rained all day yesterday

mark123
06-10-2010, 09:18 PM
So I did two days today. Feels like someone hit me with a hammer. All over. :)

Well, at least since it was raining I was able to get my spray setup complete. I got my wand, trigger and nozzle setup. I just have to find the energy to put it all together and calibrate it.

CHEESE2009
06-10-2010, 11:26 PM

Well, at least since it was raining I was able to get my spray setup complete. I got my wand, trigger and nozzle setup. I just have to find the energy to put it all together and calibrate it.

LOL you are me in the future.

My rain just finished up, got a crapload of work tomorrow.

Set up my sprayer while I've been waiting though, hahaha!

I wanna fill it up with beer & see what happens....

mark123
06-11-2010, 03:42 AM
... I wanna fill it up with beer & see what happens....
It'd get warm really quick. :p Well, I suppose after it all goes flat you can try it on the lawn. I wonder what beer will do to a lawn. Probably just attract neighbor-type pests. "I smelled a party."

CHEESE2009
06-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Probably Just Attract Neighbor-type Pests. "i Smelled A Party."

Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!

MAKLawnCutter
06-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Sounds like me...

Left the house yesterday with my route planned for 11 lawns... i had 7 calls and drive by's by 230pm... i ended the day with 18 cuts yesterday... 15 is usually my max... i still hurt even after 12 cuts today.

Matt

swstout
06-11-2010, 11:31 PM

Today 96 with 87% RH

Forecast:
Saturday 96
Sunday 105 with late day thunder storms
Monday 97 with late day thunder storms
Tuesday 98 with late day thunder storms
Wednesday 95 with late day thunder storms

All my jobs for the week are sod jobs. I feel like I lost 5 pounds today. One man didn't show up today and one quit at noon. Didn't come back from lunch! Neither answering the phone.

Got home about 5, had half a beer and couldn't keep my eyes open.

Having sod delivered in the morning for 2 jobs so I guess I am working Sat and Sun. Going to be too hot to just leave them on the sites.

Steve

mark123
06-12-2010, 08:49 AM
swstout, sorry to hear that. I can't believe with near 10% unemployment in this country that there are people that won't stick to a job.

I do think a lot of unemployment cases are voluntary. :(

swstout
06-12-2010, 09:36 AM
There are a lot of people who wont take a job because of unemployment. The 2 from yesterday are kids (18 year olds) who still live at home so they don't have any pressing needs.

My wife and I were on the first job at 5:30 this morning and got the sodding done by 10:15 Already 97. Went to job 2 and wet down the pallets and covered them with an aluminum tarp. Will go back this afternoon and wet them down again. 5:30 again tomorrow. This job is only about 3,000 sq. ft.

Steve

MAKLawnCutter
06-12-2010, 01:16 PM
People dont realize, when they QUIT a job, unemployment will kick their feet for a while... and people dont like to WORK for money anymore...

Steve, if i was closer, i would of been there at 5am to help, im sittin on my rear, doing paper work...

Matt