PDA

View Full Version : Another Jobsite

picframer
06-08-2010, 06:57 PM
I needed a brake from excavation and joined this crew today, we cleared the back yard in March of Trees, mainly dead.

The grade in these images doesn't look too bad but it's steep, 9 loads of fill, probably 90 stumps removed, 11 loads of top soil and 24 pallets of sod.

We used a 2520 and 3320 to move product, X749 to rake and roll, it's not finished yet and the 17D excavator to pull the stumps, it was a fun day, should be finished tomorrow, started yesterday at noon.

Three employees except for tomorrow, will have 7 due to the sod, all in all an $18,000 job and now the neighbour wants his back yard done but that will have to wait.

Steve
06-09-2010, 04:30 AM
Andy,

Your fleet of equipment is growing and growing! WOW!

In this situation, did the customer want the grade made slighter? I am guessing flat is ideal, but how do you figure what slope angle would be worth shooting for?

picframer
06-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Andy,

Your fleet of equipment is growing and growing! WOW!

In this situation, did the customer want the grade made slighter? I am guessing flat is ideal, but how do you figure what slope angle would be worth shooting for?

They did, I gave them three options and three costs, they opted for this, honestly it will be more for looks than function, I did level one area 16 feet by 24 feet for a play centre. To level this is pretty big bucks due to the cost of materials, machinery and the time to do it.

picframer
06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Steve, that is a small fraction of the gear we have.....

Well I arrived at the site today above to sign for the top soil, the grade in the back was not to our standards and I knew that last night, I leasured the drop and it's 7 feet 10 " over 30 feet, the CUTS wil not go across it sideways nor would they pull the box blade up, what to do?

Took the dog for a walk this morning at 5 and as I passed my collection of attachments, not many home at the moment, I spied the landscape rake and thought the 749 will go across that sideways but I wonder if it will pull a rake that big.

OMG I was shocked, staff were beyond words as I saved them hours of work and the client said she didnt know what to say as the results were beyond her wildest dreams.

The 749 played with the rake going sideways on the grade then up and down, next I had an new employee Mike who only started two days ago but three years experience roll and Billy, Thea and Matt started on the sod.

I had to leave at noon for an excavation job but they finished at 8 this evening.

Man oh man this equipment amazes me.