PDA

View Full Version : Hello from KY

Justwannamow
06-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I have been mowing my mother's lawn for two years now with a 21" push mower. It's a corner lot in a older neighborhood so it's bigger than average. My friend just bought a house this spring and he needed someone to mow his lawn so I said I would do it. I decided to start a lawn service business on the side last month since I really enjoy the work. I bought a 36" Husqvarna WB, 5' x 8' trailer, Echo trimmer and a Stihl backpack blower. All purchased from Craigslist so I don't go broke before I get started. I ordered business cards and talked to all my friends and people at work. I talked to neighbors on my street. I have also called my real estate agent and insurance agent to spread the word. My next step is to stop by houses with tall grass on the way to my ONE account and my mother's and ask them if they want a mow on the spot. This forum is very helpful for all the new people that want to get started in the business. A big thanks for all the advice that other members share!

Steve
06-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Welcome to our forum!

My next step is to stop by houses with tall grass on the way to my ONE account and my mother's and ask them if they want a mow on the spot.

Don't just stop at the houses with tall grass, hand out marketing material to all of them.

You may find the houses with tall grass have tall grass because they have no money to pay for the service. So don't limit your marketing.

Keep us posted on how all this goes.