PDA

View Full Version : Help-Landscape design

JP Landscaping
06-06-2010, 09:45 PM
So I purchased "landscaping & Deck designer" software from "Chief architect" to help me visualize projects and so I can show my customers. Well, I'm over due for a landscaping plan for a back yard for a customer.

I'm trying to figure out how to export my project into a picture view so I can send it to my customers. Do any of you know how to use this program??

I press the export option and all it does is to export a black image. This is in the 3D view. In the overhead view it will export the plan. So I don't know how to fix this. Any help??

Steve
06-07-2010, 03:21 AM
I don't know how to use it but when all else fails can you take a screen shot (http://take-a-screenshot.org/) and then save it in a graphics program to attach in your email?

Keep us posted on how it goes. I'd love to see what you have designed too!

JP Landscaping
06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
After a lot of messing with it, I came up with a way to get it work. apparently the intel video cards on these computers aren't made for this 3D style work. but it works.

thanks for the instructions on how to get the screen shot. I was told to do that also but didn't know how to do it. Now I do.

I attached one part of the project. It's the more simple part. I also need to design a waterfall/pond, a firepit area, and probably a pergola area.

If anyone is looking for a program. I suggest this one. You can upload a photo or recreate the house/area in 3D and design from there. It was only $90. You can get that back on your first design.

Thanks again

mburse1977
06-07-2010, 01:11 PM
It is a fun program to play with i got the trial years ago just to play with it had the home ver all ready but that has been a while. Do not plain on getting into the landscaping business for a while are at least tell i go full time.

Steve
06-08-2010, 05:28 AM
That design looks great!

How do you incorporate such designs into your presentation to potential customers?

Also how do you keep the customer from taking that design and shopping it around to other bidders?

docs lawncare
02-09-2011, 08:11 AM
I saw that you have had some sucess with the program for $90. Where can i find this program?