PDA

View Full Version : Truck sales slowing down. Is the economy too?

Steve
08-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Are you in the market for a new pickup? Have you been putting off your purchase? What do you think is the cause of the slowdown in pickup sales?

Slowing pickup truck sales hurt profits (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14488255/) - Tom Wright's dark-blue GMC Sierra Extended Cab pickup is 12 years old, but so far he's dismissed any thought of replacing it. Although it has 165,000 miles on it, Wright says times are a little too slow in the carpentry business to replace the truck, which he uses for work and to haul around his family.

Much to the detriment of Detroit's Big Three, people like Wright are delaying truck purchases, cutting into profits and forcing Ford Motor Co., General Motors Corp. and DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group to idle some assembly lines.

Pickup sales overall are off 15.7 percent in the first seven months of the year from the same time last year.

tiedeman
08-23-2006, 10:28 PM
I bought a used on this past March...the local dealers wouldn't deal with prices at all they were firm.

But recently even ford said that they were going to cut production by 21% because of the decrease in auto sales. Amazing!!!

Steve
08-23-2006, 11:31 PM
What do you think caused this change?

maelawncare
08-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Quote[/b] (tiedeman @ Aug. 23 2006,10:28)]I bought a used on this past March...the local dealers wouldn't deal with prices at all they were firm.
I think that helped.