PDA

View Full Version : Mower problems

jpak3030
06-05-2010, 04:03 PM
I have two problems with my Exmark 60inch walk behind. First the other day while cutting a lawn hydro fluid began to squirt out of the ehaust hole on top of the filler cap and the container was veery hot to the touch, second I have tried everything Pb blaster wd 40 breaker bars, I just can't seem too loosen the bolts on two of my bades, my impact wrench will not budge it ( I have a 2 gallon tank and a 7000 impact wrench.

Steve
06-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Have you ever had the blades off this mower in the past or will this be the first time you are changing them?

Did you buy it from a dealer? Is it possible you could take it back to them and have them use a higher air powered impact wrench to get those bolts off?

jpak3030
06-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I have had the blades off before and I thought about anti seize lubricant, but I guess due to extreme sunburn I forgot to use it and now my breaker bar is breaking me. I guess off to the dealer I go. Thanx

Simon Abousaada
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
I had the same thing happen to me with my turf tiger. I called the dealer, they told me to heat up the bolt with a torch. It worked like a charm.

Steve
06-07-2010, 03:23 AM
I've found, higher pressure impact wrenches work better than breaker bars. In fact, I have snapped more bolts with a breaker bar than an impact wrench.

I guess if you snap it off, you can always drill it out and rethread it, but that is a pain.

Keep us posted on how this goes.