PDA

View Full Version : Last Year In Lawn Care

gonecountry
06-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Well I am going to finish out this summer, and call it quits, to continue on with Powerwashing. I have gotten burned out with the ''i'll call you when it needs mowing'' Plus you get get a decent pressure washer for less than half of a commercial zero turn. Good luck to the rest of you, hope you have better luck than I did.

Steve
06-05-2010, 02:14 AM
When you reflect on this past year so far with lawn care, what do you feel like you learned from it?

Would you like to have changed anything so far in the way it all ran?

gonecountry
06-05-2010, 08:56 AM
When you reflect on this past year so far with lawn care, what do you feel like you learned from it?

Would you like to have changed anything so far in the way it all ran?

I feel like I shouldn't set my expectations so high, when in all reality the soil is piss poor in my area, and I only have 2 decent customers. I have advertised in the paper, and put out flyers. Seems like the only thing people want done around here is leaf removal. That stuff gets old after a while. I enjoy pressurewashing alot better. And either people want it done, or they don't. No more trying to get people set on schedules and contracts. Most of the businesses around here are jumping at the bullet trying to find someone to wash off the walk ways. I will keep a few accounts, but only mowing, and some landscaping maybe cause it helps pay the bills. I have had it with people trying to call me back and jew me down off my bids. Any ways, if I knew ahead of time that the grass was going to grow this slow in my area, I wouldn't have even started one. I just moved here about 2 months ago.

Steve
06-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Have you thought about other services you would like to perform that would potentially sell well in your area?

gonecountry
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Well there is power washing that I mentioned earlier, I have thought about ashphalt driveway sealing, and of course there is always snow plowing in the winter. I am gonna keep the accounts I already have, because I could upsell them power washing until the end of the summer, and have funds to start up again next year.

Steve
06-09-2010, 03:39 AM
How about things like deck sealing as well? I would figure after a customer had their deck power washed, they would probably want it sealed.

Or even house painting? You could power wash a home and then paint it.