PDA

View Full Version : hello

robert brooks
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
hey everyone. new to the site and just wanted to say hello. just stumbled across the site last night and all i can say is , wow! very informative. i have been taking care of a couple of lawns on the side and just started to try and push it to the next level. hopefully i will be able to do it full time one day, my current boss is a rat bastard! anyway, to all of u pros , Congratulations and god bless u and your business!

Steve
06-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi Robert,

Welcome to our forum!

In your view, what would the ideal next level be?

What have you been doing so far to attract customers?

robert brooks
06-05-2010, 02:37 AM
the next level for me would be to obtain 10 more repeat customers. i purchased business cards , talk to people i know and tell them about my side business. looking for houses up for sale in my area and contacting the Realtors. knocking on doors. just obtained signs for my trailer. offering a free cut to friends and coworkers for referrals. mostly what i find is , out of the people who would hire someone , already have someone to take care of their lawn. a couple of people said that they would use me when they need their lawn mowed , " when it is two feet high ", but yet to hear from any of them. but i only started doing all this about two weeks ago , and i know it will take time. so for now i will keep the nine to five and try to gradually build my business to the point where i can afford to quit my job and put every ounce of energy and time into my business.

Steve
06-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Also make sure you market to the neighbors of your current customer base. This will help you keeps your routes tight while expanding the amount of customers you service.