PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Quality?

tiedeman
08-17-2006, 08:00 PM
I constantly witness this all the time: Large lawn maintenance companies do not do a quality job because they have too many lawn accounts to maintain. I saw it again today with one lawn care company in particular. I know that this company has appprox 200 accounts, and every time the lawn looks like cr@p. There are clumps everywhere, the curb never gets blown clean, and a bad job on trimming.

I feel if you can not maintain a quality looking property, then you should not take on anymore accounts until you have solved the quality issue.

Steve
08-18-2006, 06:08 PM
It sure is an interesting situation. It's like you have to feed the beast. You get the need to expand at any costs and you grow grow grow. Then quality suffers and customers walk. Then you sit there thinking what happened? Where did they go? I had no idea they were upset.

tiedeman
08-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I feel that if quality is slacking then it is the companys responsibility to either cut back on the work that is being accepted or start to implament systems

tlclismore
08-23-2006, 09:24 AM
I think the problem here is too many businesses try to get as many customers that they can without thinking it through. If you have a lot of customers then you are going to have to have a lot of workers to service them properly. I get sick and tired of listening to guy's saying that they can do 15 plus lawns a day. I only schedule in 3 - 4 lawns a day but I still get the same amout at the end of the day as the guy's doing 15 plus. Why? QUALITY workmanship. Why bust your rrr's running from job to job when you can rationalise your customers into one area and only take on the customers that want a perfect job done every time. That way you can command top dollar for your work and you don't have to run all day doing slash and dash mowing. Mow blow and go jobs are out for me there's no future in them.

tiedeman
08-23-2006, 03:46 PM
That is an excellent point, I totally agree with you.

I cut back years ago and are only maintain selective accounts that care about the quality and look of their lawn and landscape